On this day in history...and misc. ramblings

rico

41 minutes ago, morganmonroe said:

This dude was born in1934.

Best throw from RF I've ever seen.

Saw Clemente hit three HRs against the Reds at old Crosley Field in 1967.  Hit one out to each field and drove in all seven runs for the Pirates.  He was an incredible all around player with great offensive and defensive skills.  Never saw a better all around player.

Edited by jv1972iu

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Saw Clemente hit three HRs against the Reds at old Crosley Field in 1967.  Hit one out to each field and drove in all seven runs for the Pirates.  He was an incredible all around player with great offensive and defensive skills.  Never saw a better all around player.

You sure did.  Only 5,222 there.  That would've been something to see.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CIN/CIN196705150.shtml

Edited by morganmonroe

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

1 year ago today Andrew Luck QUIT on his team

He's still here in Indy. Always sightings of him. He's a different cat so I could see him saying I'm ready to play again in the next year or two or I could see him starting up his architect/design business. Not that he needs the $ at all but I could see either one happening.

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"Calling Dr Love."

I was telling @tdhoosier about going to see them in I think 1976 or 77 at the height of their fame. $10 and I was so close that when Simmons spit blood, some got on my arm. 

Funny, I attended a KISS concert in the early/mid 80's...and I don't remember a damn thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 Years ago, August 28th, 1963, Dr Martin Luther King gave his "I Have a Dream" speech at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC...

Everyone should read it today...

"And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream."

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5