On this day in history...and misc. ramblings

rico

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

On this day in history. 2 great sport moments. 1 good....and 1 not so good.

Kirk Gibson hits his shot to win game one. One of those "Natural" moments in life. Secondly....the Canes were robbed of another national title because of the BS Cleveland Gary fumble call and the refs gifted Lou Holtz and his saliva filled mouth a title. When the rivalry was one (if you can call it that) ND stole it that day. 

Go Irish...

[48+] Notre Dame Logo Wallpaper on WallpaperSafari

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

On this day in history. 2 great sport moments. 1 good....and 1 not so good.

Kirk Gibson hits his shot to win game one. One of those "Natural" moments in life. Secondly....the Canes were robbed of another national title because of the BS Cleveland Gary fumble call and the refs gifted Lou Holtz and his saliva filled mouth a title. When the rivalry was one (if you can call it that) ND stole it that day. 

You should know I am a ND football fan,(used to live in SB) and I hate the Miami Swagger! One of the best days of my life was all three of the Florida teams losing last week! 

Still love you Seeking!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

You should know I am a ND football fan,(used to live in SB) and I hate the Miami Swagger! One of the best days of my life was all three of the Florida teams losing last week! 

Still love you Seeking!

No worries guys! Just having fun on 10/15. Everyone goes to Gibson today. I go to that crap fest called of a game. I'll never forget Musberger saying it best years later. That's when ND's fathers actually allowed players into the the university and that's why they could compete. 

Forgot to mention yesterday. Yesterday was the end of 13 days and Cuban Missile Crisis. One of the most underrated or least reflected on times in our history. Fresh off the Bay of Pigs JFK had to look a certain way, military guys wanted war....still JFK knew diplomacy in the eyes of the world mattered. Just a great stretch for history buffs like myself. 

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Forgot to mention yesterday. Yesterday was the end of 13 days and Cuban Missile Crisis. One of the most underrated or least reflected on times in our history. Fresh off the Bay of Pigs JFK had to look a certain way, military guys wanted war....still JFK knew diplomacy in the eyes of the world mattered. Just a great stretch for history buffs like myself. 

My Dad was in the blockade of Cuba, can't remember the ship he was stationed on.  But he tells one helluva story if ya feed him enough beer.

• Like 1

• 1992: Pope John Paul II formally proclaims the Roman Catholic Church erred in condemning the astronomer Galileo for holding that the Earth was not the center of the universe.

• oops!
  • Pastor and I have had this conversation a few times “But I might be wrong “
Edited by Drroogh

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:
  • 1992: Pope John Paul II formally proclaims the Roman Catholic Church erred in condemning the astronomer Galileo for holding that the Earth was not the center of the universe.

• oops!
  • Pastor and I have had this conversation a few times “But I might be wrong “

The Earth is flat. Like seriously, every map I have lays out flat on a table so it has to be right?

😂jk

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

The Earth is flat. Like seriously, every map I have lays out flat on a table so it has to be right?

😂jk

Believe it or not, I know a brilliant CAD designer that even helped write some of the code for one of the most used in business CAD programs, that is ‘Flat Earther’

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

November 1st, 1999.  Walter Payton passes away.

The GREAT Walter Payton...

I've always said Jim Brown was the greatest running back ever, but Sweetness was the greatest football player ever...

One year the Bears QBs threw 17 interceptions, and Walter made the tackle on all but one...

In college, he was a punter and place kicker...

Block, catch passes, and I think he threw 8 touchdowns in his career...

• Like 1