On this day in history...and misc. ramblings

rico

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Thank you and glad to see you were able to quit smoking.  I never smoked one time so I can't give that up so I have to find something else.

I have never smoked ANYTHING in my entire life.  However as a student at IU...who had two roommates in Colonial Crest, who loved  smoking the green things.  LOL

May the lives remembered, the deeds recognized, and the spirit reawakened be eternal beacons, which reaffirm respect for life, strengthen our resolve to preserve freedom, and inspire an end to hatred, ignorance and intolerance.”

This is part of the mission statement of the National September 11th Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center in New York City; and in 2020, these words resonate more than ever.  9/11 is a day of remembrance for many of us.  It is a time to remember and honor those lost in the terrorist attacks and to pay tribute to the first responders, and men and women of our armed forces.

• Like 2