On this day in history...and misc. ramblings

rico

Just now, Lostin76 said:

Is it really politics to consider yesterday a horrible, shameful day in our country’s history though? I would imagine everyone would agree that yesterday was a dark stain. 

Well, considering there have been a lot of "dark stains" on our nations history in the past few years, and nothing has been allowed to be posted about any of that without reprimand...yes...

I will say this...I find it funny for people to be concerned about "our democracy" now when it's been under attack for much longer than yesterday...

You can't have it both ways...either there can be political dialogue or there can't...

I vote for the latter... 

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

Well, considering there have been a lot of "dark stains" on our nations history in the past few years, and nothing has been allowed to be posted about any of that without reprimand...yes...

I will say this...I find it funny for people to be concerned about "our democracy" now when it's been under attack for much longer than yesterday...

You can't have it both ways...either there can be political dialogue or there can't...

I vote for the latter... 

Yes, it’s been under attack much longer than yesterday, but yesterday was an ACTUAL PHYSICAL attack on our democracy. 

I’m totally fine with no politics, but it’s really hard to not think about or talk about yesterday in a thread called “On This Day in History.” The events of yesterday are history - a significant historical event that will be studied for decades. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lostin76 said:

Yes, it’s been under attack much longer than yesterday, but yesterday was an ACTUAL PHYSICAL attack on our democracy. 

I’m totally fine with no politics, but it’s really hard to not think about or talk about yesterday in a thread called “On This Day in History.” The events of yesterday are history - a significant historical event that will be studied for decades. 

There have been "ACTUAL PHYSICAL ATTACKS" on our democracy for quite some time now...You even reported about some of them from NYC...

Let's just drop this now...CC was right in not allowing political discourse in this forum...One meant to bring IU basketball fans together...It's in his honor I won't carry this further...

But if the mods want a one sided debate, they can cancel my user name an account today...Fair is fair...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

There have been "ACTUAL PHYSICAL ATTACKS" on our democracy for quite some time now...You even reported about some of them from NYC...

Let's just drop this now...CC was right in not allowing political discourse in this forum...One meant to bring IU basketball fans together...It's in his honor I won't carry this further...

But if the mods want a one sided debate, they can cancel my user name an account today...Fair is fair...

I get it, and you and I will never see eye to eye on this. Best to move on to worrying about Wisconsin tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The major  difference between yesterday and 9/11 was number of casualties. They were both terrorists acts against our country.

However this one was fueled by our "political system" per se.  I think I will bow out of this discussion per board rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I had a little snow in Christmas day down here in the Southern part of Indiana.  First time since I was a kid. That's historical. 

In Houston area, we almost never see any snow. One Christmas Eve and Christmas, when my kids were all under 10, out of nowhere, it snowed. The kids woke up on Christmas and ran outside to build a snowman. Historical or not, one of the most memorable days in my life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Negative, the pattern is full

This is an actual ATC conversation I witnessed between a USAF ATCer and a USAF pilot who was flying a General in on a T-39 Saberliner...

ATC: MAC01 make a right 360 for spacing

Pilot: Do you know that for every 90 degree turn this aircraft makes, it costs taxpayers $100?

ATC: MAC01 Roger, make a $400 turn to the right

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I hope you are not trying to justify what happened yesterday

• Confused 1