On this day in history...and misc. ramblings

rico

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

This day in history, one year ago today. There was no vivid-19 to deal with. No social turmoil. Wimbledon had just concluded. And my Twins were looking pretty good!

Steuben I think of you at least 1 time a week. I have a pair of Twins Nike shorts that are really nice that Alex Meyer former pitcher gave me. I wear them to mow in and every time I say Steubby and his twins

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Steuben I think of you at least 1 time a week. I have a pair of Twins Nike shorts that are really nice that Alex Meyer former pitcher gave me. I wear them to mow in and every time I say Steubby and his twins

This begs the question.  If someone like Isaac Haas gave you a pair of Purdue shorts, would you wear them?  If not, what would you do with them?  

36 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've wanted to read it to understand what was in that dude's head but am worried if I buy it I will get flagged. 

I tried to read "Mein Kampf" years ago, but it's just not a very readable book. It was apparent early in the book the guy had a screw loose.

A better insight was William Shirer's "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich." Very meticulous documentation of the Nazi rise after WWI. Shirer's bias shows through at times, but he WAS there during Hitler's rise to power and is very thorough in his research. I even read all of the footnotes (and there are a lot of them). Fascinating book...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I tried to read "Mein Kampf" years ago, but it's just not a very readable book. It was apparent early in the book the guy had a screw loose.

A better insight was William Shirer's "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich." Very meticulous documentation of the Nazi rise after WWI. Shirer's bias shows through at times, but he WAS there during Hitler's rise to power and is very thorough in his research. I even read all of the footnotes (and there are a lot of them). Fascinating book...

Hitler was a vagabond and very lazy. Terrible artist. Didnt believe he had to work. 

I read Shirers book. Tedious at times but very informative.  

• Like 1