On this day in history...and misc. ramblings

rico

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw this one pop up on the timeline this morning. Feb 9th, 1964. Beatles first time on TV in America. Ed Sullivan Show. 73 million people watched or roughly half the population.

To put that number into perspective. We sit around 330M in US population today. Would be if 165M watched a show. Super Bowl just had 96M.

What a time to be alive in the 60's.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Saw this one pop up on the timeline this morning. Feb 9th, 1964. Beatles first time on TV in America. Ed Sullivan Show. 73 million people watched or roughly half the population.

To put that number into perspective. We sit around 330M in US population today. Would be if 165M watched a show. Super Bowl just had 96M.

I remember watching it.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

18 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I remember watching it

Me too...still love the Beatles and listen to them a lot. Timeless...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Me too...still love the Beatles and listen to them a lot. Timeless...

One of my Mom/Dad's first dates was Beatles at Indiana State Fair in the fall of 64. I'll say it again....what a time that was. Trust me I loved being raised in the 80's....but if I could go back to one other stretch it would be being a 13-15 year old entering the 60's. 

7 minutes ago, rico said:

I know the episode!  The guy that played the Colonel is in a lot of the western shows.

John Dehner...I saw him in a "Combat!" (boy, I wish I could replace that exclamation point with that bayonet!) episode called "The General and the Sargent" (he was a French General) and his demotion to Calvary Captain on an episode of "Bonanza" all in one day... :D 

Dehner.PNG.f8048895c0a0c6597e2448fcceb8bef0.PNG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

John Dehner...I saw him in a "Combat!" (boy, I wish I could replace that exclamation point with that bayonet!) episode called "The General and the Sargent" (he was a French General) and his demotion to Calvary Captain on an episode of "Bonanza" all in one day... :D 

Dehner.PNG.f8048895c0a0c6597e2448fcceb8bef0.PNG

Seems like I see him quite a bit on "The Rifleman".  That be him.

• Like 1