Bruce Thornton Commits to Ohio State

gnet550

7 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

From high major programs, Notre Dame, Clemson, Maryland, Missouri, Pittsburgh, Providence, Virginia Tech and Xavier also offered him.  It came down to Notre Dame and IU.   This is a lie from Crean and Oladipo that I get sick of hearing.  Dude had plenty of high major offers. 

All the better.  In that IU beat out other programs.  Thanks  !

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, milehiiu said:

a01-indiana-oladipo-25-4_3.jpg?width=534

If memory serves correctly.  Vic did not have a long list of offers.  Not many other high tier offers, other than IU and Marquette.  And I still have to laugh at one IU fan who said all Vic could do was dunk at a fraternity. And would never amount to much.

Why the comparison with Vic? His ranking was nowhere near Thornton's. 

4 hours ago, Moyeneeded said:

Why the comparison with Vic? His ranking was nowhere near Thornton's. 

Thornton is highly rated but hasn’t really received any blue blood offers or i guess from the top programs in the country. People were saying Vic didn’t either so that shouldn’t be a problem for meaning a kid is over rated. Others pointed out that Vic actually did have offers from some big programs and that this whole he was underrated is over stated. 

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

Thornton is highly rated but hasn’t really received any blue blood offers or i guess from the top programs in the country. People were saying Vic didn’t either so that shouldn’t be a problem for meaning a kid is over rated. Others pointed out that Vic actually did have offers from some big programs and that this whole he was underrated is over stated. 

The blue bloods are involved.  He has been to Kentucky.  This recruitment reminds me a little of Caleb Love with his ranking, physique and what kind of schools are involved.  Definitely a risk of a late swoop in by UK, UNC, etc.

22 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The blue bloods are involved.  He has been to Kentucky.  This recruitment reminds me a little of Caleb Love with his ranking, physique and what kind of schools are involved.  Definitely a risk of a late swoop in by UK, UNC, etc.

Let’s hope it doesn’t end like the Caleb Love recruitment 🤮

20 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

IMO I feel more like the recruitment of Skyy Clark will be more comparable to Caleb Love with all the blue bloods offering. I feel like this is kind of like the DJ Carton recruitment, he will gets lots of high major power 5 offers but not the UK, Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc. 

Looks like Mahmoud Abul-Rauf in the pic. Do you know if he's involved with Thornton? Wouldn't be a bad PG mentor.

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Here is my discussion with his coach.  It is pretty obvious why IU is so high on him.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-top-35-point-guard-bruce-thornton-really-excited-about-offer/

6 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Seems like a player we'd be rightfully happy to sign.  Regardless, it seems CAM has recruits targeted and has made some great impressions on those recruits.  I sense we may not be in a position of waiting around through the Spring to get impact players - first come first served.

7 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Here is my discussion with his coach.  It is pretty obvious why IU is so high on him.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2022-top-35-point-guard-bruce-thornton-really-excited-about-offer/

Outstanding work, Mike!   Your article has all kinds of scoops.  One of the best articles I’ve seen in a long time.  Good for you.  

I’m as impressed as can be with Bruce.  He’s a top priority in 2022 as far as I’m concerned.  Maybe he and Archie click since they both have that same bulldog point guard mentality.  

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Outstanding work, Mike!   Your article has all kinds of scoops.  One of the best articles I’ve seen in a long time.  Good for you.  

I’m as impressed as can be with Bruce.  He’s a top priority in 2022 as far as I’m concerned.  Maybe he and Archie click since they both have that same bulldog point guard mentality.  

Thank you for those kind words.  I do believe that Thornton epitomizes what Miller is looking for in a PG.

56 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Thank you for those kind words.  I do believe that Thornton epitomizes what Miller is looking for in a PG.

I really like the kid. Most importantly is he affects the game without having to score. That is important for me because we need a floor general with Rob leaving by then. Also with a floor full of shooters and scorers around him (hopefully Hunter, Galloway, Leal, Armaan, Geronimo etc) that would mean he can settle in as a freshman and not be asked to do too much and then let his offense grow as he matures. I like his physicality should help on both ends in the B1G. I’d be tickled pink to land him and yes I don’t see the UKs or UNCs getting involved as lately they have favored athletic score first PGs. Bruce feels like a throw back...and I like that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Rivals article Calihoosier posted above he lists Georgia, Ohio State, Purdue, Alabama, and Indiana as some of the schools in frequent contact.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the top five. Sounds like Georgia, IU and Purdue are positioned the best early on in this one.

I like that he's releasing a top five this early, not that he couldn't add schools in the future, but no other blue bloods involved at this point I'd say is a positive.

Archived