Bruce Thornton Commits to Ohio State

gnet550

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I think there is genuine interest on both sides here.  I spoke with his coach today.  I will share that when I get it written up.

Awesome. I read where both parents went to Georgia...hope Crean doesn’t steal him👎

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I like kids who also tweet out photos of Zeke when they get offers. Guess our tradition still has some reach??

I like that too. I just like his name....Bruce....such a solid name...lunch pail and beer kinda guy....going to get his work done lol.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I read that and must be missing something because I did not see anything about what he said about Georgia

No I meant later when he updates it lol. Just trying to send more clicks his way to other curious folks who would like to follow IU news as much as us. 

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I like that too. I just like his name....Bruce....such a solid name...lunch pail and beer kinda guy....going to get his work done lol.

So AJ helping us with Skyy and another Georgia kid who might just want to get out of football country and head to Hoopsville. Top 30 prospect who understands that if/when Lander leaves early he could slide right in.

Look...I'm a Crean fan. Always liked him for a variety of reasons....but Archie has a plan and getting in early w/kids. Some coaches still scrambling for 20....and Archie is making his moves early for 22 and in some cases 23. Love the approach! 

Bruce sounds like an incredible fit.   Tough, tenacious, pass first.  I’m all in.  We are in on so many guys where I just love their games and fits to what we are doing.  Thornton and Shawn Phillips would be great in that class as far as adding juice to our potential earlier classes. 

This summer might be interesting as far as who we might get momentum with in that class.  Jalen Washington, Sky Clark, some of the wings like Loving-Watts or McNeely, and on and on.  The big thing we are missing out on is the kid who emerges out of the blue.  It happens every year since kids of that age change so rapidly in so many ways (growth spurts, growing into your body, skill improvement etc).

I found it interesting that while Thornton has over 12 offers, all of the ones listed were not "top tier" schools. No UVA, no UK, no Duke, no NC, no KU.

Could this kid be a diamond in the rough, and Archie is seeing something the other coaches don't? Also, it looks like we're getting in a little late compared to other schools, but then again, we're the 1st "brand name" (don't beat me up for that term) school to offer. So if the offer got his attention, then I guess it doesn't matter when he gets it. Purdue offered so some would consider them a "brand name". Not sure I do.

27 minutes ago, DWB said:

I found it interesting that while Thornton has over 12 offers, all of the ones listed were not "top tier" schools. No UVA, no UK, no Duke, no NC, no KU.

Could this kid be a diamond in the rough, and Archie is seeing something the other coaches don't? Also, it looks like we're getting in a little late compared to other schools, but then again, we're the 1st "brand name" (don't beat me up for that term) school to offer. So if the offer got his attention, then I guess it doesn't matter when he gets it. Purdue offered so some would consider them a "brand name". Not sure I do.

Indiana has been in contact with Bruce for awhile now, since like March. So their not late compared to the other schools. 

I like Coach Crean. However. He made one fatal mistake. Pissing off Indiana High School coaches in Indiana.  Hoping he has learned from that.  Georgia is not the hot bed, like Indiana is for BB talent. Yet over the years some good talent has come out of Georgia.  Wishing all the best for Coach Crean. It will be interesting to see how the battle over  Bruce Thornton shakes down.

Special shout out to TDH for bringing this to our attention.

5 hours ago, DWB said:

I'm not overly enamored with the rankings game but the latest Rivals report listed him as #19 in the '22 class.   I have no answer for why no "top tier" offers when he's rated that high so just take this FWIW.

a01-indiana-oladipo-25-4_3.jpg?width=534

12 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

I'm not overly enamored with the rankings game but the latest Rivals report listed him as #19 in the '22 class.   I have no answer for why no "top tier" offers when he's rated that high so just take this FWIW.

If memory serves correctly.  Vic did not have a long list of offers.  Not many other high tier offers, other than IU and Marquette.  And I still have to laugh at one IU fan who said all Vic could do was dunk at a fraternity. And would never amount to much.

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

a01-indiana-oladipo-25-4_3.jpg?width=534

If memory serves correctly.  Vic did not have a long list of offers.  Not many other high tier offers, other than IU and Marquette.  And I still have to laugh at one IU fan who said all Vic could do was dunk at a fraternity. And would never amount to much.

From high major programs, Notre Dame, Clemson, Maryland, Missouri, Pittsburgh, Providence, Virginia Tech and Xavier also offered him.  It came down to Notre Dame and IU.   This is a lie from Crean and Oladipo that I get sick of hearing.  Dude had plenty of high major offers. 

Archived