People I know, Concerning race and Gender!

1 hour ago, D-BONE said:

CNN reporting that FBI rules noose in Bubba Wallace's garage at Talladega not a hate crime. Glad for this news but simultaneously glad for the moving support for him prior to the race.

Noose/ loop that’s been there for a year and in 90+% of garages in the world, potato/ potato. 

happy ending. Now back to global warming, I mean covid. 

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Noose/ loop that’s been there for a year and in 90+% of garages in the world, potato/ potato. 

happy ending. Now back to global warming, I mean covid. 

I'm a shade tree mechanic and havent followed nascar for years. What did they think was a noose?  

56 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm a shade tree mechanic and havent followed nascar for years. What did they think was a noose?  

I’m just catching up myself, but as I understand it, there was a small rope to pull the garage door down with. Said rope had been tied with a circle on the end of it on the door to Bubba’s pit garage. Just like multiple (dozens) of other pit garage doors, and had been there for months/ years. This is also exactly like any home garage door without an electric door opener/ closer ever since they’ve made roll up garage doors. 

But someone used a circle on a rope to draw attention to one really good athlete , who happened to be black, in a predominantly white sport, being terrorized. 

Wolf, wolf, wolf.... used to only be a story book.

i know this is Considerd political so please ban me from a great web site. But dang men, this is crap. 

6 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I’m just catching up myself, but as I understand it, there was a small rope to pull the garage door down with. Said rope had been tied with a circle on the end of it on the door to Bubba’s pit garage. Just like multiple (dozens) of other pit garage doors, and had been there for months/ years. This is also exactly like any home garage door without an electric door opener/ closer ever since they’ve made roll up garage doors. 

But someone used a circle on a rope to draw attention to one really good athlete , who happened to be black, in a predominantly white sport, being terrorized. 

Wolf, wolf, wolf.... used to only be a story book.

i know this is Considerd political so please ban me from a great web site. But dang men, this is crap. 

Ok, so I've been in garages before because my grandpa who was a mechanic and body shop owner and woodworker, and my parents had garages and boats and I've had my own boat and will have one again. 

If we tie a knot in a rope or tie a basic fishermen knot on a hook that my dad taught me we are racist now?  I cant keep up with the bullshit. 

21 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Ok, so I've been in garages before because my grandpa who was a mechanic and body shop owner and woodworker, and my parents had garages and boats and I've had my own boat and will have one again. 

If we tie a knot in a rope or tie a basic fishermen knot on a hook that my dad taught me we are racist now?  I cant keep up with the bullshit. 

I think you have the gist of it, yes. 
I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, because it does. But 1) I’ve got two mixed grand kids and I’ll GD guarantee you they will never have a victim mentality, they will have pride in their accomplishments as they are deserved,  as well as the self deserved failures 2)  the Bubba Watkins case Is only a wolf wolf case that only hurts my grand kids from not being judged as a red riding hood, and all blacks for that matter.  
Enough already, we are all equal. 

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

He was on CNN last night and continued to say it was a noose. I do not understand some things these days. 

He was on CBS This Morning and said he never saw the "noose."

And fwiw, Bubba's Dad is white.

It was heartwarming to see the Nascar reaction to this.  But, it never should have happened. What I don't get is why 15 FBI agents were needed to investigate.  Is there nothing going on in the world and a dozen or so agents just decided they would accompany the agent or two that should have been there to go on a field trip to the Speedway? Something is still very wrong at the FBI. 

18 minutes ago, Reacher said:

It was heartwarming to see the Nascar reaction to this.  But, it never should have happened. What I don't get is why 15 FBI agents were needed to investigate.  Is there nothing going on in the world and a dozen or so agents just decided they would accompany the agent or two that should have been there to go on a field trip to the Speedway? Something is still very wrong at the FBI. 

I would imagine that it took 15 agents because of the political agenda/s involved.  

Knock it off. Seriously. We already said don't take this thread in a political direction. For you guys that are unable to help yourselves, take it elsewhere. And anyone here who thinks it's funny to post a laugh emoji on this post will enjoy a ban. We're done repeating don't bring your politics here. If you can't listen, you will get a ban. Enough.

18 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Knock it off. Seriously. We already said don't take this thread in a political direction. For you guys that are unable to help yourselves, take it elsewhere. And anyone here who thinks it's funny to post a laugh emoji on this post will enjoy a ban. We're done repeating don't bring your politics here. If you can't listen, you will get a ban. Enough.

Wait, which post are we talking about?

NASCAR made the report to FBI. FBI made correct ruling. Clearly not a hate crime. Clearly nothing going on. FBI should no longer investigate hate crimes?

Bubba Wallace seems like a standup guy. NASCAR overall is trying to do something positive. The show of support was a positive thing regardless. Their overall support of Bubba - despite this incident - is admirable and should continue.

EDIT: NASCAR leadership says it should have been less forceful in it's initial statement about finding the noose. 

• Drroogh changed the title to People I know, Concerning race and Gender!

Okay, let's just say I run around with a rather diverse Crowd! Link to the feature film trailer in wich my friend was a major player!. Worked with Designer Ti 18-19 years ago and we have been supportive friends ever since! Together we came up with a unique hair brush design that garnered patent number 7526829,. I've been to her plant and support her work emphatically! Warning the link may be NSFW! 

https://dilemmaofdesiredoc.com/

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm a huge Morgan Freeman fan...probably ever since the first time I watched Shawshank.  I love his colorblind attitude.

My wife was out of work for covid and has an older lady client that is very demanding and my wife who is a self employed massage therapist helps her clean her house and takes her to dr appointments and run errands, to the point this older very well to do woman wrote us in her will.

So I suggested my wife watch the movie Driving Miss Daisy.  She loved it.  And now she knows how great Morgan Freeman is. 

Archived