Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm always curious about how many similar stories are out there with dozens of programs but the public just never knows or finds out. I mean the second one person mentioned this....dozens came out right away with similar stories to back it up.

Sadly, it is a sign of the times...

Iowa has an assistant who recruits Indianapolis hard.   I think he’s a defensive line coach but he recruits Indy for all positions as far as I know (he’s listed on recruiting sites as being the lead guy).  Notice that a lot of Indy recruits list Iowa and they get quite a few of them.  The reality of life at Iowa coming out, as compared with the LEO concept at IU, should be an eye opener.  

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Iowa has an assistant who recruits Indianapolis hard.   I think he’s a defensive line coach but he recruits Indy for all positions as far as I know (he’s listed on recruiting sites as being the lead guy).  Notice that a lot of Indy recruits list Iowa and they get quite a few of them.  The reality of life at Iowa coming out, as compared with the LEO concept at IU, should be an eye opener.  

Yep I think his name is Kelvin Bell I believe. 

31 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He got a northern kid as well...

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/deontae-craig-233245

It seems like when these things pop up, there is always more to the story.  It is hardly ever one guy saying things.  99% of the time, it is the culture that is set up by the head coach.  Like Durkin at Maryland.  Yeah, the strength coach was horrible, but he was allowed to be that way because Durkin was a douche.  If it was just one guy, people would talk, it would get to the head coach, and he'd be gone.  Absolutely no way Ferentz didn't know about some of this.

From looking into it more, this isn't just about Doyle.  There seem to be other coaches that are part of the issue.  I'm glad someone brought up DJ Johnson.  He isn't holding back on Twitter.  Seems like a lot of current and former Iowa players are saying the same thing.  This isn't going to end well for Iowa.

DJ Johnson Twitter

Jack Kallenberger is another good one.

28 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It seems like when these things pop up, there is always more to the story.  It is hardly ever one guy saying things.  99% of the time, it is the culture that is set up by the head coach.  Like Durkin at Maryland.  Yeah, the strength coach was horrible, but he was allowed to be that way because Durkin was a douche.  If it was just one guy, people would talk, it would get to the head coach, and he'd be gone.  Absolutely no way Ferentz didn't know about some of this.

From looking into it more, this isn't just about Doyle.  There seem to be other coaches that are part of the issue.  I'm glad someone brought up DJ Johnson.  He isn't holding back on Twitter.  Seems like a lot of current and former Iowa players are saying the same thing.  This isn't going to end well for Iowa.

DJ Johnson Twitter

Jack Kallenberger is another good one.

Astonishing so few bring up Joe Pa at Penn St and MD at MSU and what those two allowed to go on. 3 BT schools with REALLY bad looks, but we've all since moved on in the other two schools. 

The Iowa situation looks bad. Friggin Deontae Craig is headed there. 

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Astonishing so few bring up Joe Pa at Penn St and MD at MSU and what those two allowed to go on. 3 BT schools with REALLY bad looks, but we've all since moved on in the other two schools. 

The Iowa situation looks bad. Friggin Deontae Craig is headed there. 

It really is remarkable.  MSU and PSU widespread, massive issues, and they weren't phased one bit.

I only brought up Durkin because it was his strength coach that got things started like it is with Ferentz.

I thought that about Craig.  You would think this isn't sitting well with recruits, but as past events have shown, even schools with huge scandals still get recruits.  Coy Cronk is headed there too.  Lots of different circumstances with him than Craig, but you'd think this would give guys pause about Iowa.

Whether or not this is related to the issues Iowa is having or not, this isn't a good look for Ferentz.  Allowing players 1 pre-approved tweet per month looks really bad once a lot of players start talking about racism and bullying within the program.  Could be completely unrelated, but it can give the look that Ferentz is trying to stifle his player's opinions.

Just now, Sark said:

What happened at MSU wasn’t football related and what happened at PSU fooled everyone, including JoePa. Playing injured guys is unconscionable.

This can't be real. The football team wasn't involved in the wrong doings at MSU!?!?! 😂😂

Archived