Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio St players being asked to sign a waiver before they start voluntary workouts. Haha. If you don't sign you won't play....good luck enforcing whatever this particular waiver says. Not an attorney but something signing something under duress still means something. Hopefully IU doesn't do anything like this.

1 hour ago, Sark said:

Allen looks about right but somebody like you can dog somebody else. Lol.. Lovie and Schiano are 2 proven guys and shouldn’t be where they are.

I was surprised about Schiano, but I think Lovie is terrible. And that's from a Bears fan who loved him. I think last year was a major fluke, and they'll be back to wanting to fire him after this year.

I was curious how many spring practices each team got in before being shut down.  Here's the list (I individually looked up 11 teams before I came across this table...fml).  I don't know if a few practices will make much difference, but I'm glad to see that we got more than most teams did.  Some teams might be a little slower getting new coaches up to speed without any face to face time in the spring.

TEAM SPRING PRACTICES
Illinois 0
Indiana 4
Iowa 0
Maryland 0
Michigan 0
Michigan State 0
Minnesota 4
Nebraska 2
Northwestern 8
Ohio State 3
Penn State 0
Purdue 8
Rutgers 0
Wisconsin 0

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Wanted to let everyone here know that former Purdue AD Morgan Burke passed away unexpectedly this morning. He was only 68. Sad day in Boiler country. 

My condolences to Boiler Nation.

RIP Mr. Burke

2 hours ago, rico said:

Coaches have a tad bit of narcissistic qualities this is required to be head coaches at these levels. I don't fault them for that. If I'm a head coach right now....if rules allow I'm getting every single player in a room and having an open/honest dialogue about have I as a coach ever done anything to mistreat you, etc.....even if it's not necessary.

You don't want to be a program with their name running wild on twitter these days. You never know the long term impacts. Big time programs don't have to worry as much but programs that hover around 7-8 wins usually rely on 2-3 recruits per class to keep them there. If your program name is out there right now does it cost you those 2-3 guys? Scary times.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Coaches have a tad bit of narcissistic qualities this is required to be head coaches at these levels. I don't fault them for that. If I'm a head coach right now....if rules allow I'm getting every single player in a room and having an open/honest dialogue about have I as a coach ever done anything to mistreat you, etc.....even if it's not necessary.

You don't want to be a program with their name running wild on twitter these days. You never know the long term impacts. Big time programs don't have to worry as much but programs that hover around 7-8 wins usually rely on 2-3 recruits per class to keep them there. If your program name is out there right now does it cost you those 2-3 guys? Scary times.

So what does that mean for Michigan St.?

2 minutes ago, rico said:

So what does that mean for Michigan St.?

I think it's the perfect time for a program like ours to switch places with them. I can see Sparty struggling for a few years for sure depending on their preseason opponents and crossover opponents. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I’m pretty sure CTA and staff have already taken care of this and “nipped it in the bud”...The LEO culture continues to grow stronger and stronger every year. The buy in is reaching and positively affecting the the decisions of potential recruits and signees at IU. I’m very proud to be an IU fan!

9 minutes ago, Sark said:

IU needs to find a way to beat MSU now. Their talent has dipped some but MT is respected and he’ll be a good recruiter. And Schiano will do well again at Rutgers, too much talent in that area not to, and he can coach.

I think the question with MT is how good of a coach is he. 

50 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I see that the Iowa strength and conditioning coach was let go with over a $1 million payoff.

Just once I would love for a university to say piss off. We aren't giving you a dime. It would cost more in court battles, but it would be nice to see a university make a statement. Money talks, so the odds of that happening are low, but it would be cool to see once.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

Just once I would love for a university to say piss off. We aren't giving you a dime. It would cost more in court battles, but it would be nice to see a university make a statement. Money talks, so the odds of that happening are low, but it would be cool to see once.

I wish a lot of people would tell a lot of people to piss off. Lol

Archived