Big Ten 2020

23 minutes ago, rico said:

I would say that would be the Gov of Michigan's best political move to let the Wolverines and Spartans play anywhere they want.

Exactly if the rest of the league is playing and Michigan and Michigan State aren't... that's political suicide.  Gov wouldn't even win their primary next time.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is probably just me but it drives me crazy watching the BTN and have big ten elite. When they teams as big ten elite but was not in the big ten at that time.  Nebraska football ball in 96 is not a big ten elite.  Maryland 2002 basketball is not a big ten elite.  Right now they are having the best wow athletes and Suh if Nebraska was not a big ten athlete.

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It is probably just me but it drives me crazy watching the BTN and have big ten elite. When they teams as big ten elite but was not in the big ten at that time.  Nebraska football ball in 96 is not a big ten elite.  Maryland 2002 basketball is not a big ten elite.  Right now they are having the best wow athletes and Suh if Nebraska was not a big ten athlete.

I suggest you send an e-mail to the BTN and voice your displeasure.

https://twitter.com/pupadhyaya_/status/1301544819731451904?s=20

lc_pMC19_bigger.jpg

BREAKING: #PennState's director of athletic medicine, Wayne Sebastianelli, says that cardiac MRI scans revealed that roughly 30-35 percent of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 appeared to have myocarditis.

N9Zh-qip?format=jpg&name=small

This doesn't sound good. Sorry, don't know how to properly attach tweets....

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I still don't understand why the athletes don't get a say so in any of this. 

Probably because they are not the ones that would have to deal with the liabilities if something tragic happens.  Not saying it is right but the people who has all the risk and money put into this are the ones who actually makes decisions.  For the most part in any company that you work for the owners or CEO makes the decisions and not the regular employees.

Like in my situation where I worked I had no say when I was told that I would have to change companies.  When my department was taken over by another company I did not have any input in that decision so I either could deal with it or quit.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Surprise, surprise that Penn St University looks like a bunch idiots. 

Pretty quick retraction. Been my experience that academia types only care about reputation. This Dr. saw his crumbling in the last few hours. Just bad information by the Dr. and those who chose to run with it during the first few hours. 

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

Just got an alert on my phone that the vote on when to restart could happen tomorrow. I feel like I’m setting myself up to be Charlie Brown with the football again here. 

Best analogy I've heard in awhile. Instead of trying to kick the ball and falling on my butt again, think I'll just kick back and have a beer!

The big ten has really screwed the pooch with this political statement. Losing fans and credibility throughout the big landscape. Two Governors and a handful of radical presidents and top admin spreading fear in hopes it would squelch the voices of all. Ha! Not a chance in H... 

Archived