Big Ten 2020

10 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

It is disappointing to see football occurring at all levels and the Big Ten waffling about. They should have stuck to the original conference only schedule. In terms of testing protocol, well these other conferences seem to have figured out how to do it. Learn from them?

In reality they were probably smart. Waited to see what happened and learned from the rest what to do and what not to do.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

In reality they were probably smart. Waited to see what happened and learned from the rest what to do and what not to do.

That's what made the early August decision all the more comical. Could have used the SEC start date of 9/26 as information gathering. 2 full weeks of data to look at starting Oct 10th without a problem....if no issues came out of those games. 

If they chose this route the public and especially those of us in the Midwest would be far more willing to forgive and understand if they came out and said on Oct 1st we just can't do this.,etc.....but the way this has played it's made the Big 10 just look foolish.

Either way...with safety measures in place....I hope the kids get their 3 hours on Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

If I'm reading correctly they are saying if 5% test positive practice/competition must stop for 7 days. That number seems uniquely setup for almost a certainty that play will be halted at some point. 80 kids on a roster...means only 4 kids test positive and practice/play is done for a week?

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If I'm reading correctly they are saying if 5% test positive practice/competition must stop for 7 days. That number seems uniquely setup for almost a certainty that play will be halted at some point. 80 kids on a roster...means only 4 kids test positive and practice/play is done for a week?

115 on a roster. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Teams are bigger than that, and the mechanism include a 7 day rolling average which to my understanding would help reduce the impact of a one-day spike in cases.  I agree though, it seems hard to imagine that a team or two won't get shut down.  These guys are still on campus with the general population.

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So... we'll play

OSU, UM, MSU, Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue, and Penn St.... gawwwwd I hope we get ILL as well. 

The way I'm reading and catching up is for the 9th game it would be 1 plays 1 2 plays 2,etc....so we could be in 4th place in East behind OSU, Michigan, and Penn St and get 4th place East team? Think I typed that correctly.

Archived