Big Ten 2020

58 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Now the next step is allowing fans. Wouldn't 35% capacity in an outdoor stadium be safer than a bunch of crowded bars?  Seems like a no brainer to me. 

If they don't allow fans... at least one weekend we will go tailgate, then when the game starts head to a bar and then stay the night in Bloomington. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If they don't allow fans... at least one weekend we will go tailgate, then when the game starts head to a bar and then stay the night in Bloomington. 

Hell, that sounds like what happens at Notre Dame even when fans are allowed.

Just now, rico said:

Hell, that sounds like what happens at Notre Dame even when fans are allowed.

what bar at ND!?!?!? I only found a Brothers lol I was ultra disappointed in my game day experience in South Bend last year, not going to lie. I certainly may have not been going to the right spots though. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

what bar at ND!?!?!? I only found a Brothers lol I was ultra disappointed in my game day experience in South Bend last year, not going to lie. I certainly may have not been going to the right spots though. 

My cousin always talked about the Linebacker Lounge and Legends.  

Just now, rico said:

My cousin always talked about the Linebacker Lounge and Legends.  

I wish I had been more educated on that before I went up there. Bars there are kind of spread out. Next year I'm sure we'll go back for a game because my gf still hasn't been. 

We were going to go to ND/Ark this past weekend, and then well.. covid. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I wish I had been more educated on that before I went up there. Bars there are kind of spread out. Next year I'm sure we'll go back for a game because my gf still hasn't been. 

LOL...you keep going to South Bend and you will find your "groove."

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

It depends on what type of experience you’re looking for. The truly better experiences are at bars that are off campus. Zully’s(old Pats irish pub)in Granger(12 min East north east of campus) is probably one of the better experiences. The linebacker and Mulligans which are near campus are also happening but really crowded Usually. Mitch’s is also a good one that is 2 city blocks east of campus. A couple of the downtown bars are good. O’Rourkes which is down from brothers  Is another one where the ND radio shows are hosted, but I’ve never been there during a game, so i have no knowledge of how busy it is since they are only a 3 minute walk from the stadium. Legends is just outside of the stadium and is always swamped. 

like i said, if i knew what you were looking for in a bar and or food combo, i could give a better reference.

23 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

I've never much cared for overcrowded bars. I get claustrophobic. lol

I do want to do a game at ND stadium once though.

It’s definitely an experience. On campus and off campus combined, you have 150,000 people tailgating. Some go to the bars after tailgating if they don’t have a ticket, others just go to house parties or their own homes before kickoff. ND did away with big crowds being allowed to tailgate while the game is going on, fortunately there are tons of tailgates still going on right off campus where ND has no control of it.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I sincerely hope we can find a spot off campus to tailgate. Be hilarious if a business or a couple opened their parking lots. God forbid anyone have a good time. 

Not defending IU's decision here in any way, but if they allowed tailgating at a home game, it would be suuuper hard to control all those curious fans. Some would stay parked and partying....but many would try to gravitate up to and directly around all those gate entrances, ....It would most likely be cluster #&CK for security....JMHO

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Not defending IU's decision here in any way, but if they allowed tailgating at a home game, it would be suuuper hard to control all those curious fans. Some would stay parked and partying....but many would try to gravitate up to and directly around all those gate entrances, ....It would most likely be cluster #&CK for security....JMHO

And once again, somebody rains on my parade.  GEESH  LOL

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I need less restrictions, not more. I'm just over it. This is literally my favorite time of the year tailgating/IU home games/etc. Let me be mad darn it!! 

Archived