Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Oh, wasn't sure if they still were or not haha.

I watched some of the 1st half, but I didn't see anything after half time.  I was too into our game.

How'd you think you guys looked?

I mean all things considered, I think we looked solid especially no Brohm or Rondale. Bell was a stud even though Iowa knew it was going to him. Aidan forced it too much several times but I was pretty impressed with what I saw from the defense. Definitely a bend don’t break but got some key stops and turnovers which we hadn’t seen for awhile. 

37 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean all things considered, I think we looked solid especially no Brohm or Rondale. Bell was a stud even though Iowa knew it was going to him. Aidan forced it too much several times but I was pretty impressed with what I saw from the defense. Definitely a bend don’t break but got some key stops and turnovers which we hadn’t seen for awhile. 

Congrats Purdue...for covering the spread!!!!!!

What a great weekend. IU with their biggest win in a generation, MSU lost to Rutgers, Illinois got crushed, Nebraska and Frost got destroyed, and Fleck and Minnesota got embarrassed. I didn't even mind that PU won after all that went down in Iowa this offseason.

The only bad thing was Northwestern blowing out Maryland. Locksley is by far the worst coach in the B1G. I don't want to see him run out of town yet!

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Mertz from Wisconsin test positive for corona. Not sure on timeline because some are saying he had one positive test already. Will be interesting to see how the Big 10 rules impact. I thought they said if positive he's down for minimally 7 days right?

I got an alert that says he is out 21 days which I think is a league rule

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I got an alert that says he is out 21 days which I think is a league rule

A Wisconsin official declined to comment on Mertz's status. But a positive test does not necessarily mean he won't be able to play.

According to Big Ten protocols released last month, athletes who test positive through point of contact (POC) daily testing will require a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test to confirm the first result.

I pulled this from an article in today's Indy Star.....

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Mertz from Wisconsin test positive for corona. Not sure on timeline because some are saying he had one positive test already. Will be interesting to see how the Big 10 rules impact. I thought they said if positive he's down for minimally 7 days right?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30192331/wisconsin-qb-graham-mertz-awaiting-confirmation-positive-covid-19-test-per-reports

Got a kick out of this post by a Buckeye fan on a different board.  I give credit to poster "MWM"...

The Big Ten is going to have one of their dreaded down years. I don't see another legit quality team outside OSU, and even they were far from perfect. They're going to have to figure out a way to run the ball more effectively.

Maybe Penn State is better than they showed on Saturday (and that final play was BS. It seem very clear to me the ball hit the ground before the pylon), but they haven't been recruiting very well of late and I don't think they're going to be as good as they have been. Michigan may have a chance to be decent, but Minnesota looked so bad it was hard to tell. I have no faith in Harbaugh as a head coach. Wisconsin possibly if this QB can come back and be as good as he looked Friday. But it's hard to get too excited about Wisconsin until they actually win a big game.

The best a team looked outside of OSU was probably Nebraska.

I can't see the Big Ten getting more than OSU in the playoff...assuming they run the table.

43 minutes ago, rico said:

Got a kick out of this post by a Buckeye fan on a different board.  I give credit to poster "MWM"...

The Big Ten is going to have one of their dreaded down years. I don't see another legit quality team outside OSU, and even they were far from perfect. They're going to have to figure out a way to run the ball more effectively.

Maybe Penn State is better than they showed on Saturday (and that final play was BS. It seem very clear to me the ball hit the ground before the pylon), but they haven't been recruiting very well of late and I don't think they're going to be as good as they have been. Michigan may have a chance to be decent, but Minnesota looked so bad it was hard to tell. I have no faith in Harbaugh as a head coach. Wisconsin possibly if this QB can come back and be as good as he looked Friday. But it's hard to get too excited about Wisconsin until they actually win a big game.

The best a team looked outside of OSU was probably Nebraska.

I can't see the Big Ten getting more than OSU in the playoff...assuming they run the table.

PSU 2019 class- 12th, 2018 6th.. what are facts though? 

I'm tired of hearing about the final play. Watch the YouTube highlights.. if we had an aerial view I'd bet my house he broke the plain BEFORE he landed. Absolutely no question in my opinion. If a cm of that football touches ANY part of the white... its a TD. 

And guess what? The person with literally the best view on the play.. called it a TD. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm tired of hearing about the final play. Watch the YouTube highlights.. if we had an aerial view I'd bet my house he broke the plain when he landed. Absolutely no question in my opinion. If a cm of that football touches ANY part of the white... its a TD. 

And guess what? The person with literally the best view on the play.. called it a TD. 

I thought it was funny that he looked all around the B1G and anointed Nebraska the 2nd best team after 1 week of conference play.

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm tired of hearing about the final play. Watch the YouTube highlights.. if we had an aerial view I'd bet my house he broke the plain when he landed. Absolutely no question in my opinion. If a cm of that football touches ANY part of the white... its a TD. 

I think people are getting thrown off by just focusing on the pylon and out of bounds.  I have heard numerous people say it hit out of bounds before it hit the pylon.  Well, yeah, but that has nothing to do with it.  I think the view looking straight down the line at a little elevation shows that the nose crossed the line before the ball hit.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

I think people are getting thrown off by just focusing on the pylon and out of bounds.  I have heard numerous people say it hit out of bounds before it hit the pylon.  Well, yeah, but that has nothing to do with it.  I think the view looking straight down the line at a little elevation shows that the nose crossed the line before the ball hit.

100%

16 minutes ago, rico said:

I thought it was funny that he looked all around the B1G and anointed Nebraska the 2nd best team after 1 week of conference play.

Right! After an early touchdown, Nebraska got outscored 52-10.  Sounds like a great team to me 🙄

They also got hosed on their crossover games.  @OSU, and PSU at home.  I love it.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I'm tired of hearing about the final play. Watch the YouTube highlights.. if we had an aerial view I'd bet my house he broke the plain BEFORE he landed. Absolutely no question in my opinion. If a cm of that football touches ANY part of the white... its a TD. 

To me the top of the ball went over the goaline before the ball ht out of bounds

Archived