Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, KDB said:

Looking at their 2019 schedule. Man, Minnesota had an easy schedule last year.

IU could've started 8-0 last year with that schedule too.

Not only did they have an easy schedule, they were extremely lucky. They should have been about 8-4 last year, even with that schedule. They almost lost to Georgia Southern.

34 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The way I see it, if you arent playing for a championship, go for 2 every time. 

With the way their defense was playing, they weren't going to stop Maryland in the 2nd OT. And with Minnesota's kicker coming off hernia surgery, everybody knew an extra point was iffy before he stepped on the field. Made no sense to not go for 2.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:48 PM, rico said:

I can't see the Big Ten getting more than OSU in the playoff...assuming they run the table.

I can agree with a lot of what this guy said but when and where was anyone stating that the B1G had more than one national championship contender anyways?  Having 5 or 6 teams in the top 20 with only one true contender is basically par for the course.  

I also wouldn't judge teams that haven't played a game in 9 or 10 months too harshly on their first go out the gate.  Even the nfl week one was rough to watch in many ways.  

13 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Are they even sick is what I would like to know. I would bet money almost all the positives are asymptomatic.  Let them play. 

Most likely fact.  I currently know 5 firefighters positive.  Zero out of 5 is sick.  They had sniffles and a few ran a low grade fever for half a day or so.  I'm likely getting tested soon with the exposures I've had recently, oh, and those mean sniffles.  

47 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Most likely fact.  I currently know 5 firefighters positive.  Zero out of 5 is sick.  They had sniffles and a few ran a low grade fever for half a day or so.  I'm likely getting tested soon with the exposures I've had recently, oh, and those mean sniffles.  

If sniffles and a fever means I'm positive....I wouldn't be playing football until 2023. Big Ten continues to look horrible. Oh well not much we can do now although it scares me what's coming for rest of football season. Could have a huge win on a Saturday but fans will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to make sure their season isn't going to be decimated.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Is there a still shot of this anywhere?  I haven't seen one all week nor have I seen anyone air video of this angle.  

It wasn't great quality in the videos, but I took a screenshot of one of them. At a minimum, it looks like there's a good chance it crossed.  No way it should have been overturned.  I got it from this video.

image.thumb.png.8513bd907bf2b5e6bf569d9ea0a51550.png

20 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yeah, I'm a little concerned some of our guys will bring it home from New Joisey. If they have to sit out 21 days, that's about 2/3 of the rest of the season. 

Day at a time I guess. 

I’m just hoping for success while healthy as a sign of progress. 

One day at a time is exactly right. 

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It wasn't great quality in the videos, but I took a screenshot of one of them. At a minimum, it looks like there's a good chance it crossed.  No way it should have been overturned.  I got it from this video.

image.thumb.png.8513bd907bf2b5e6bf569d9ea0a51550.png

I'm talking other direction.  That angle is certainly inconclusive and not able to be overturning the ruling on the field.  

Archived