Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think doing it by geography is the best way of having divisions.  Just like in the MLB it never made sense to be the Reds and Braves being in the West Division of the National League.

It can be done using geography.  Michigan and Michigan St. to the "West" and Purdue and Illinois to the "East."  The "West" becomes the "North" and the "East" becomes the "South".  Simple, and MLB has nothing to do with this discussion.

On 11/4/2020 at 7:33 PM, rico said:

It can be done using geography.  Michigan and Michigan St. to the "West" and Purdue and Illinois to the "East."  The "West" becomes the "North" and the "East" becomes the "South".  Simple, and MLB has nothing to do with this discussion.

As long as the B1G would protect rivalries ie  Michigan/OSU. Thing is no matter how you do it the conferences will undoubtedly become unbalanced over time. I mean look at IU...couple more years and they will be a powerhouse...it’s inevitable.

14 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Kind of hate to see Penn State sucking. Does it diminish our win over them if they really just suck? Same with Michigan. I'm definitely not going to complain though. 

Like I said. Outside Ohio St the B1G is the worst I’ve ever seen. Horrible! Honestly they should have just left the season canceled.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Starting to think you a troll and not an IU fan

Wth?? What did I say that had ANYTHING to do with IU? Scott I don’t know why you keep singling me out but the fact that the B1G looks like poo this year has nothing to do with being an IU fan.

I think it’s awesome for IU...big chance for us to have big wins on national tv. Should really help recruiting. That said Michigan, Michigan St, Nebraska, Penn St look terrible. Iowa/Minnesota up and down. Who knows about Wisconsin. It’s a weak looking conference to me...and that’s great for IU to move up the standings. Not sure how anything I said makes me a troll?

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wth?? What did I say that had ANYTHING to do with IU? Scott I don’t know why you keep singling me out but the fact that the B1G looks like poo this year has nothing to do with being an IU fan.

I think it’s awesome for IU...big chance for us to have big wins on national tv. Should really help recruiting. That said Michigan, Michigan St, Nebraska, Penn St look terrible. Iowa/Minnesota up and down. Who knows about Wisconsin. It’s a weak looking conference to me...and that’s great for IU to move up the standings. Not sure how anything I said makes me a troll?

Agree. It’s like Belein saying how they benefited from some other programs falling back. You have to take advantage and build on it

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Agree. It’s like Belein saying how they benefited from some other programs falling back. You have to take advantage and build on it

No doubt. You make your own good fortune. When you have the chance to leap frog programs you must take it! Might be 30 years again before Michigan, PSU, Michigan St etc are this bad again. Take advantage now. All kids will see is IU beating power programs and if that starts a recruiting wave then even better it might help us stay on top. If we can put together back to back big seasons and start pulling in big recruiting classes it won’t be 30 years between wins over Michigan ever again.

39 minutes ago, Kodos said:

Love watching Northwestern’s success with Ramsey at QB. Go Peyton!

Well.  The one thing about Peyton moving on. At least for now, there is no IU QB controversy.

Both Peyton and Penix had good games on Saturday. I actually thought Penix had the better game of the two.

Archived