Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just trying to think this one past this week. We beat Sparty. If we do that and don't play Ohio St because of games cancelled....what does that do for Ohio St? They miss this week and possibly another? Does IU with most wins in East result in us getting conference title shot?

Is is possible for us to win the B1G and get left out of the CFP?  

I am way ahead of myself.

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just trying to think this one past this week. We beat Sparty. If we do that and don't play Ohio St because of games cancelled....what does that do for Ohio St? They miss this week and possibly another? Does IU with most wins in East result in us getting conference title shot?

So you are saying there is a path to IU winning the conference..... Works for me!

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

"Indiana is without question a solid team rapidly becoming a solid program under Tom Allen.

There is a real possibility the [OSU] secondary just isn’t very good."

https://www.daytondailynews.com/blog/hartman/marcus-musings-ohio-states-unexpected-challengers-and-michigans-downfall/DQ2JYQ75T5CANGDZLOYGZMW3AM/

That was a fine read...TY.

Well folks, I did it again... After hearing about the canceled Buck vs. Terps game, I wanted to look around to see what Ohio St. was saying since we are next on their schedule. The general overall feeling I got was, there is increasing respect for IU, as should be.... and a conspiracy theory of IU potentially calling "COVID" next week so we don't have to play them. According to them, IU could potentially go on and finish the season undefeated without playing OSU then be in the drivers seat....ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!!! There is NO WAY CTA would be behind this, a part of it or even and after thought. There is no honor in this what so ever. That is not in Coach Allen's DNA!!!! Mono e mono, put it all out on the field until the clock shows 00:00.

Here is what one BUCKS fan posted......

If anything we know about the Indiana coach--Tom Allen is that he is the most enthusiastic sideline coach in the league---and probably in all of college football as well.  I don't think he would opt out of anything period.  Now sorry-ass Michigan might try that.  The last game of the year and screw Ohio State at the same time----that would fit Crazy Jimmy to a tee.  GO BUCKS!

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well folks, I did it again... After hearing about the canceled Buck vs. Terps game, I wanted to look around to see what Ohio St. was saying since we are next on their schedule. The general overall feeling I got was, there is increasing respect for IU, as should be.... and a conspiracy theory of IU potentially calling "COVID" next week so we don't have to play them. According to them, IU could potentially go on and finish the season undefeated without playing OSU then be in the drivers seat....ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!!!!! There is NO WAY CTA would be behind this, a part of it or even and after thought. There is no honor in this what so ever. That is not in Coach Allen's DNA!!!! Mono e mono, put it all out on the field until the clock shows 00:00.

Here is what one BUCKS fan posted......

If anything we know about the Indiana coach--Tom Allen is that he is the most enthusiastic sideline coach in the league---and probably in all of college football as well.  I don't think he would opt out of anything period.  Now sorry-ass Michigan might try that.  The last game of the year and screw Ohio State at the same time----that would fit Crazy Jimmy to a tee.  GO BUCKS!

This lays it out in a bit more detail, and I agree, CTA would rather go and win the old fashion way than getting to the title game by a tie-breaker.

I absolutely would love to see IU to go to Columbus and knock out OSU on the field; however, it would also be pretty sweet irony if OSU ends up being sidelined by the very crossover opponents that were supposed to give them an easier path to the Big Ten title.

3 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

This lays it out in a bit more detail, and I agree, CTA would rather go and win the old fashion way than getting to the title game by a tie-breaker.

I absolutely would love to see IU to go to Columbus and knock out OSU on the field; however, it would also be pretty sweet irony if OSU ends up being sidelined by the very crossover opponents that were supposed to give them an easier path to the Big Ten title.

Thank you very much for posting. I knew I wasn't crazy thinking about what ifs and wanting to make sure I knew the process. Thanks again for finding!

Archived