Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Purdue will have to do something to get pressure on the QB.  3 sacks in 4 games, and 2 of those were by Karlaftis.  Going to be a long next 3 games if they can't get to the QB at all.  Tough to get many interceptions if you aren't getting pressure too.

You can say that again. We need Mitchell healthy too. Guy has been a stud. 

30 minutes ago, Bob said:

What a cluster this is. So what’s that do to Wisconsin bowl chances? I think the Big Ten comish and his staff should be grilled over this. Maybe instead of starting late we should have start early and add extra open weeks to have room to reschedule games. 

Been saying that since Warren and his crew released the schedule. They failed the very schools they say work with/for.....

Now comes the dangerous time. Teams that know their seasons are over or getting close to over. Will every single player practice the same protocols as earlier in year? Granted campuses are getting empty but that's when people let their guard down. 

It's going to take a long time for me to forget/forgive Warren's first year. Everything thing they've touched from last spring to now during pandemic, starting, stopping, starting again....no wiggle room, scheduling in football and hoops,etc....ineptness 101.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

What a cluster this is. So what’s that do to Wisconsin bowl chances? I think the Big Ten comish and his staff should be grilled over this. Maybe instead of starting late we should have start early and add extra open weeks to have room to reschedule games. 

All teams are bowl eligible in 2020.

Can someone help me out on week 9 crossover games? Assuming we make it there and that Northwestern and Ohio St are almost a lock to play for Big 10 title game....would our crossover opponent be Northwestern since we play Wisconsin (if they can keep a team in place) and Big 10 wouldn't want Northwestern vs Ohio St in back to back weeks?

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can someone help me out on week 9 crossover games? Assuming we make it there and that Northwestern and Ohio St are almost a lock to play for Big 10 title game....would our crossover opponent be Northwestern since we play Wisconsin (if they can keep a team in place) and Big 10 wouldn't want Northwestern vs Ohio St in back to back weeks?

Wait what? OSU and NW don't play each other.. they would play in the BTCG.. we would get, more than likely, Iowa. 

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Why would they be playing in back to back weeks? 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Why would they be playing in back to back weeks? 

Because as it stands it's supposed to be 1 vs 1 2 vs 2 and so on for crossover week games....but the Big 10 said in September they would try to avoid teams playing each other twice so since Northwestern vs Ohio St is almost a certainty for title game....I was thinking we would get them the week before.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Because as it stands it's supposed to be 1 vs 1 2 vs 2 and so on for crossover week games....but the Big 10 said in September they would try to avoid teams playing each other twice so since Northwestern vs Ohio St is almost a certainty for title game....I was thinking we would get them the week before.

BTCG is the same week as the crossovers. 

There isn't a separate week for it. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Just realized my error. Sorry! Covid fog I guess. Haha. So Iowa is most likely as you suggested earlier. Thanks!

No problem. It just about has to be Iowa now, especially with Minnesota on shut down.  

This is all assuming we take care of business in a big time game this weekend.  

Archived