Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems like Scott Frost had another join his growing circle of coaches in Big 10 that aren't fond of him. Ferentz had some words for Nebraska and their sidelines after Frost suggest Iowa bench players were clapping to throw their QB/Center exchange off on purpose.

He's just such a baby.  I saw a video where an Iowa coach 100% was clapping to try to throw them off. So you go to the officials, tell them about it, and move on. If it doesn't stop, man the hell up and deal with it. This is exactly why his teams suck. He's always looking for some excuse, some reason to complain, someone else to blame instead of sacking up and saying screw it, we'll overcome it. He will never get Nebraska back to being good consistently, and I love it.

11 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

He's just such a baby.  I saw a video where an Iowa coach 100% was clapping to try to throw them off. So you go to the officials, tell them about it, and move on. If it doesn't stop, man the hell up and deal with it. This is exactly why his teams suck. He's always looking for some excuse, some reason to complain, someone else to blame instead of sacking up and saying screw it, we'll overcome it. He will never get Nebraska back to being good consistently, and I love it.

Just seems like it's something new every week with Frost. Brohm is no stranger to voicing his displeasure about anything....can't wait to see what happens in Nebraska/Purdue game? Haha.

Seriously though. 20+ years of trying to get that thing right. 5 coaches. No bowls since 2016. Just never thought I would see Nebraska football like this. 

Folks in Columbus are getting very concerned that their fb season may be ending soon.  Many fearful that the Buckeyes won't be playing MSU next week due to covid rules.  There's a legitimate concern that OSU won't play for the Big10 championship and thus no CFP.  They also don't believe the CFP folks will vote in a Big10 champion other than OSU, of course.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just seems like it's something new every week with Frost. Brohm is no stranger to voicing his displeasure about anything....can't wait to see what happens in Nebraska/Purdue game? Haha.

Seriously though. 20+ years of trying to get that thing right. 5 coaches. No bowls since 2016. Just never thought I would see Nebraska football like this. 

I've been thoroughly enjoying reading the Nebraska board's thread about Frost. Nice relaxing Saturday morning haha.

Next year won't get much better. They play Oklahoma, and have OSU as one of their crossover games. 

10 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Folks in Columbus are getting very concerned that their fb season may be ending soon.  Many fearful that the Buckeyes won't be playing MSU next week due to covid rules.  There's a legitimate concern that OSU won't play for the Big10 championship and thus no CFP.

Haven't the teams who've had outbreaks all missed 2 weeks of games?

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Haven't the teams who've had outbreaks all missed 2 weeks of games?

Yes, but due to covid rules OSU has to sit out next weeks game with MSU too.  That makes 3 missed games missed for the Buckeyes.  Their game with Maryland was cancelled by Maryland and now OSU has cancelled Illinois and will have to cancel MSU.  Their fans even wonder if they're going to play Michigan.

Just now, jv1972iu said:

Yes, but due to covid rules OSU has to sit out next weeks game with MSU too.  That makes 3 missed games missed for the Buckeyes.

Sorry, should have explained myself better. Next week's game was what I was talking about for their 2nd week after an outbreak. Making it their 3rd total game.

Have any teams only missed one game when they've had an outbreak? Wisconsin and Maryland both missed 2 weeks. Too lazy to look up other B1G teams that have missed games.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Sorry, should have explained myself better. Next week's game was what I was talking about for their 2nd week after an outbreak. Making it their 3rd total game.

Have any teams only missed one game when they've had an outbreak? Wisconsin and Maryland both missed 2 weeks. Too lazy to look up other B1G teams that have missed games.

I don't think so because I believe the Big10 has stated players must sit out for 21 days??

Also, if OSU does lose out on the conference championship game and we get to go because if it, I'm still going to enjoy the hell out of it.

Aby other team I follow in other sports, I think it would be kind of lame, but this is IU football. The losingest program in history. I don't care how we get to the championship game.

I would obviously rather get there by beating OSU last week, but with a win today, we'll still finish 2nd in the East and have a win over everyone in our division except OSU.

14 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Also, if OSU does lose out on the conference championship game and we get to go because if it, I'm still going to enjoy the hell out of it.

Aby other team I follow in other sports, I think it would be kind of lame, but this is IU football. The losingest program in history. I don't care how we get to the championship game.

I would obviously rather get there by beating OSU last week, but with a win today, we'll still finish 2nd in the East and have a win over everyone in our division except OSU.

We need NW to win out.

19 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I don't think so because I believe the Big10 has stated players must sit out for 21 days??

Cdc has recently said they may change quarantine " the agency was trying to determine whether a quarantine period could be shortened to as little as seven days with a negative Covid-19 test"

Big money, big name, big stakes could play a role here with the B1G.  The league would lose millions without a team in the cfp.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/25/the-cdc-is-expected-to-shorten-covid-quarantine-time-something-most-everyone-seems-to-agree-on.html

24 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Cdc has recently said they may change quarantine " the agency was trying to determine whether a quarantine period could be shortened to as little as seven days with a negative Covid-19 test"

Big money, big name, big stakes could play a role here with the B1G.  The league would lose millions without a team in the cfp.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/25/the-cdc-is-expected-to-shorten-covid-quarantine-time-something-most-everyone-seems-to-agree-on.html

Yep.  The folks at Bucknuts would definitely like this thinking.  And you're right about the BIG not wanting to lose out on any of the three...money, name, role.  

Archived