Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry Alvarez,  current UW AD, is saying that he doesn't think that the B1G should stand in OSU's way if they can make the playoffs, and he says the AD's have the power to change the rules.  So looks like OSU will make the championship game even if they haven't played 6 games.

8 hours ago, slojoe said:

Barry Alvarez,  current UW AD, is saying that he doesn't think that the B1G should stand in OSU's way if they can make the playoffs, and he says the AD's have the power to change the rules.  So looks like OSU will make the championship game even if they haven't played 6 games

I would expect nothing less than the B1G changing rules to help OSU make the playoff.  From there, is it that big of a leap to having refs ensure no upsets when it has two teams contending for the playoffs?

13 hours ago, Muddy River said:

UM could really F up OSU's season by not playing.  In some ways it would be the ultimate middle finger, and I'd have to laugh  Then maybe IU could play Peyton Ramsey for the B1G Championship!

OSU is already making contingency plans for a backup game with another BIG school per the thinking at Bucknuts.   Whatever.  😐

10 hours ago, slojoe said:

Barry Alvarez,  current UW AD, is saying that he doesn't think that the B1G should stand in OSU's way if they can make the playoffs, and he says the AD's have the power to change the rules.  So looks like OSU will make the championship game even if they haven't played 6 games.

I thought I read somewhere that there was a plan for this. Something like “two games under the average number of games played this year would get you eligible”.

Soooo....

I threw all the games played  into a spreadsheet and projected out two weeks. At this point the average games played per team is/will be 6.71 games, subtract 2 from that and 5 games will get OSU into the championship game.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like Purdue did not come to play early on with them down 14-0 after 6 minutes.  They had one punt block and recovered at the 1 and another good punt return and a Purdue penalty so Neb got the ball at the 15.

ST likely cost us wins the last two weeks. Unbelievably terrible job this year. And we don’t even have a legit punter. The guy who got blocked on the first punt was the 3rd stringer. 

Archived