Big Ten 2020

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

But we lost to OSU, so what claim do we have to be in the conference championship game? The two division winners should be in. If OSU did not play enough games, that is Kevin Warren's issue. 

nah... the two best teams should be in if we're going to break the rules already set forth. Break the rules to make it right, not to appease OSU. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This week is gonna get crazy!!!  And I'm here for it. 

No matter how this plays out someone gets screwed because of how the Big Ten set this all up.   I say go with the rules you set out at the beginning of the season and let's have IU NW in the title game next weekend!  Pretty sure there's only about a .2% chance of this happening though

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

If PU or MI can't/won't play this week how about OSU vs IU in Bloomington rematch? Winner goes to Big Ten title game. I'm sure it won't happen, but it would be interesting.

We dont need to do that, by rules set we go the title game.

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

You know, OSU could still go play a ranked Iowa team and still make the CFP.

Exactly thats my point. Why punish Indiana, they did what was asked. They could have easily lost in those extra games. Everyone just assumes that OSU would have won the extra 2 games but they did lose at PU not long ago to a not great PU team. Indiana has met the criteria, I think changing the rules is a mistake. Given that we played them to a 1 score game. its not like we are an embarrassment to be in the title game.

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Northwestern doesn’t.  They are already slotted in the championship game.  Can’t take that away from them.  They’ve earned that spot already.

That’s why they are playing us for the big ten championship. They win they should move into the top 12. Osu plays Iowa to help their resume. We got a chance to play but so does NW if they beat us. 

Archived