Big Ten 2020

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sark said:

I like Rittenburg and he’s a good writer, but talk to anyone in Iowa City and you’ll see there is more to the DJK story than was shown here. His dismissal and subsequent treatment by the program wasn’t unwarranted, and he’s not been especially contrite about what he did to earn his way out of town.

I don’t disagree with that. I don’t think he's the best source for this stuff, but there were a lot of things in that article that were corroborated by multiple people. He's far from the only one saying things either.

8 hours ago, Sark said:

I think it was factual but it makes DJK much more sympathetic than he probably is. He was well known to be engaged in “illicit commerce” in Iowa City and his dismissal was related to multiple violations of that.

Ferentz didn't have a problem keeping him around for four years, it seems.  Strange thing to do if the kid was guilty of multiple violations.  Ferentz sounds like an old school a-hole, in my opinion.  I hope his program suffers for this and he ultimately is released.  Screw him.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, btownqb said:

Shew. I dont. At all. 

I almost posted last year when he had his hamstring injury that I could see him never playing at PU again. 

I mean he’d still be playing if not for Covid IMO. But why risk millions of dollars in such an uncertain environment when he can possibly be the next Tyreek Hill. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why not fulfill your duty as a teammate, first? 

When you have the chance to make the kind of money he can make, I don’t know how anyone could blame him for doing what he’s doing. It’d be different if his draft status was in question. He was going to be a first rounder regardless of whether he played this year or not. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

When you have the chance to make the kind of money he can make, I don’t know how anyone could blame him for doing what he’s doing. It’d be different if his draft status was in question. He was going to be a first rounder regardless of whether he played this year or not. 

🤷‍♂️ I dont think he's a bad person or anything. 

But if I'm a teammate, nahh.. I dont support his decision at all. Either youre with us or not. He isn't. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

🤷‍♂️ I dont think he's a bad person or anything. 

But if I'm a teammate, nahh.. I dont support his decision at all. Either youre with us or not. He isn't. 

Agree to disagree. If I were his teammate, I’d be bummed but I’d understand and support his decision. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

FWIW my opinion on this has nothing to do with him being at Purdue. 

But all of you guys that are ok with this or support this... 

Why wouldnt David Bell sit out then too? Where is the line drawn at ok and not ok? 

Bell can’t get drafted next year. If he wanted to sit out this year and play next year before leaving early for the draft, so be it. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Bell can’t get drafted next year. If he wanted to sit out this year and play next year before leaving early for the draft, so be it. 

Why not just sit them both out? If you support Moores decision you'd have to support Bells. 

I can understand in this climate kids sitting out the year.  The time I can't tolerate it is when kids decide to sit out a bowl game.  To me you play the whole but sit out the final game is Not a good look.  If it were in charge of an NFL team I would be very leery of drafting those players.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I can understand in this climate kids sitting out the year.  The time I can't tolerate it is when kids decide to sit out a bowl game.  To me you play the whole but sit out the final game is Not a good look.  If it were in charge of an NFL team I would be very leery of drafting those players.

It should never be a me thing. Its always, always we. 

Archived