Big Ten 2020

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Completely irrelevant 

I just think it’s interesting that people say they’d definitely play when in reality, none of us know what it’s like to be someone who will be drafted in the first round and make millions. Easy to say you would play when it’s not you that has to make that decision. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I just think it’s interesting that people say they’d definitely play when in reality, none of us know what it’s like to be someone who will be drafted in the first round and make millions. Easy to say you would play when it’s not you that has to make that decision. 

Different sport and a different time but Larry Bird was a top 5 draft pick in the 1978 draft.  He still went back to play his senior year before going to the NBA the next year.  I guess he wasn't worried about getting hurt and losing that contract because he couldn't sign u to after college was over.

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Easy for you to say you'd support his decision if you were his teammate without actually being his teammate. Works both ways. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Different sport and a different time but Larry Bird was a top 5 draft pick in the 1978 draft.  He still went back to play his senior year before going to the NBA the next year.  I guess he wasn't worried about getting hurt and losing that contract because he couldn't sign u to after college was over.

He also didn’t have a pandemic to deal with. This isn’t a discussion of COVID-19 never happened. The risk is far greater than the reward for Rondale. He’s a first rounder regardless of whether he played this season. He’ll crush it at the combine and be one of the top 3 WR’s to get drafted. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

He also didn’t have a pandemic to deal with. This isn’t a discussion of COVID-19 never happened. The risk is far greater than the reward for Rondale. He’s a first rounder regardless of whether he played this season. He’ll crush it at the combine and be one of the top 3 WR’s to get drafted. 

I don't care about draft status but it is not caring about your team attitude I don't care for.

30 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That's the hard part. Have known a few third-fourth rounders in my time. To them it was easy to leave even if it was met with are you sure talk.

If someone is a first round pick it's a no brainer from the business side of things this year. Injury, risking draft status/stock....I always laugh at people who might have great incomes but don't have great savings. These kids can do that in less than 3 years and be set with the right guidance for life. Absolute no brainer for Moore to leave. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the hard part. Have known a few third-fourth rounders in my time. To them it was easy to leave even if it was met with are you sure talk.

If someone is a first round pick it's a no brainer from the business side of things this year. Injury, risking draft status/stock....I always laugh at people who might have great incomes but don't have great savings. These kids can do that in less than 3 years and be set with the right guidance for life. Absolute no brainer for Moore to leave. 

No doubt. Plus he’s going to graduate in December so he’ll have his degree well before the combine anyway. 

14 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean he’d still be playing if not for Covid IMO. But why risk millions of dollars in such an uncertain environment when he can possibly be the next Tyreek Hill. 

If he was at Alabama, he would be playing.  If he was at Ohio State, he would be playing.  If he was at Clemson, he would be playing.  But, he wasn't.  He was at Purdue.

46 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No way to know that. 

You are technically correct.  I do not know that for certain,

But, Boiler.  This is an IU board.  I'm making fun of Purdue.  I'm going to continue to make fun of Purdue.  Whatever I post will paint the Boilers in the worst possible light.  

It's all part of being a fan of a team's rival.

Archived