Big Ten 2020

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Absolute clown show. Big 10 used to be the gold standard and now a laughingstock. All in one year. The fact they are now discussing right now multiple options tells me all I need to know. They become embarrassed. The push back is huge. There are other factors in play here but since I want to honor board rules I can't say those things.

Zero leadership. I guess coaches are on a call now and not listening to their Presidents. Just a standard Friday in the Big 10. 

Oh there was definitley some kind of agenda at play on the part of Warren, the B1G office, or the Presidents. That is probably what those documents would reveal and whatever that agenda was. I don't know so I'm not going to speculate. I stated a couple weeks ago that this who'll B1G football fight was far from over and that definitley seems to be the case. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Absolute clown show. Big 10 used to be the gold standard and now a laughingstock. All in one year. The fact they are now discussing right now multiple options tells me all I need to know. They become embarrassed. The push back is huge. There are other factors in play here but since I want to honor board rules I can't say those things.

Zero leadership. I guess coaches are on a call now and not listening to their Presidents. Just a standard Friday in the Big 10. 

Yep, it's a cluster for sure

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

There's an article out of Milwaukee's newspaper (hidden behind paywall) saying that Big 10 football could be starting Thanksgiving weekend. Andrew Luger's (Big 10 attorney) said yesterday something pretty  interesting. Basically the harm would be incredible to the Big 10 if documents were released on the "how" the initial decision to cancel was made. 

Something tells me with this Thanksgiving plan coming out of nowhere they must really not want those documents to be public. Anyway. Glimmer of hope I guess. To me along with basketball it makes sense and can work with campus going all remote until Feb 8th. Only issue on football side is the obvious. If you don't start until Thanksgiving you can't be involved in college playoff. 

Here's an article on what's supposedly being discussed.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/LongFormArticle/Big-Ten-football-2020-season-fall-start-date-Thanksgiving-coaches-call-January-reaction-150795490/

What a lame idea.  If you can't start with the other conferences then why bother?  Interesting that its the end of November that's being considered.  🤔🤔🤔

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Here's an article on what's supposedly being discussed.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/LongFormArticle/Big-Ten-football-2020-season-fall-start-date-Thanksgiving-coaches-call-January-reaction-150795490/

What a lame idea.  If you can't start with the other conferences then why bother?  Interesting that its the end of November that's being considered.  🤔🤔🤔

Go Hoosiers!!!

If you start in November then what are you really playing the season for.  There will be no bowl game to try to get to so what would the purpose of the season be.

Sounds like we'll know something in a week. 2 options of when to start up. No matter what the Big 10 is taking it these past few weeks. They rushed to be first because they thought the ACC (and ND) would go with them which would ultimately lead to Big 12/SEC saying no go. Now when they got juked out by ACC/ND they are left scrambling. Clay Travis has had some great articles on this over last 24 hours. 

Either way I hope the players get to play.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like we'll know something in a week. 2 options of when to start up. No matter what the Big 10 is taking it these past few weeks. They rushed to be first because they thought the ACC (and ND) would go with them which would ultimately lead to Big 12/SEC saying no go. Now when they got juked out by ACC/ND they are left scrambling. Clay Travis has had some great articles on this over last 24 hours. 

Either way I hope the players get to play.

My question is why would they have cancelled the season if they did not really have the info. What good does it for them to cancel the season if they didn't think it was for the best.  I don't see them giving up all of that money and having to go through this scrutiny if they didn't have to.

Also I guess in the law suit that there are a couple of presidents that said that there was not a vote.  Just wondering why the big ten office would put themselves through all of this if they didn't really have all the info.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My question is why would they have cancelled the season if they did not really have the info. What good does it for them to cancel the season if they didn't think it was for the best.  I don't see them giving up all of that money and having to go through this scrutiny if they didn't have to.

Also I guess in the law suit that there are a couple of presidents that said that there was not a vote.  Just wondering why the big ten office would put themselves through all of this if they didn't really have all the info.

Google football shutdown election year and draw your own conclusions.  

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think MrFlynn has probably your best answers. Situation that never should happen. They could have said we won't be starting on time and we'll evaluate and start towards end of Sept/early October. Now?? All the theories (right or wrong) are gaining momentum because of how this was handled. Absolute shame.

I can confirm everything that was said about Whitmer and Michigan. Are gyms are still closed. are theatres are still closed and you have a to ware that fricking mask everywhere. People this is one evil B...... She promotes anything that will weaken the immune system. You could tell Warren was lying from the get go when he was pressed ever so gently. He could not give a sensible statement.  When enough ADs and Coaches grow some balls and come out publicly with the truth. Warren should be fired immediately! And for Whitmer her big day comes this Wednesday in the courts.   

2 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

I can confirm everything that was said about Whitmer and Michigan. Are gyms are still closed. are theatres are still closed and you have a to ware that fricking mask everywhere. People this is one evil B...... She promotes anything that will weaken the immune system. You could tell Warren was lying from the get go when he was pressed ever so gently. He could not give a sensible statement.  When enough ADs and Coaches grow some balls and come out publicly with the truth. Warren should be fired immediately! And for Whitmer her big day comes this Wednesday in the courts.   

I live in Michigan and I agree totally. I would say more about Nitwhitmer but I would get banned from this site. Politics at it's finest on display.

40 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So the Big Ten didn't re vote did they? Im so confused on what's going on... Thanksgiving is still a possibility? 

Our conference could not look more gutless. 

Connecting the dots I'd say Thanksgiving has about 1% chance of happening. I think it was more about discussing the possibility (in public) because of the PR nightmare they've created. My guess as of this morning. Small schedule in January with the majority of kids who have pro aspirations will be sitting out. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Connecting the dots I'd say Thanksgiving has about 1% chance of happening. I think it was more about discussing the possibility (in public) because of the PR nightmare they've created. My guess as of this morning. Small schedule in January with the majority of kids who have pro aspirations will be sitting out. 

The B1G would be better served if they ate crow and did some back pedaling.  

Archived