Jerome Hunter Progress

On ‎06‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 9:35 PM, IU Scott said:

I don't see anyway that a senior Durham not starting

Someone will have to beat him out for sure...but I mean late in the season I could argue Franklin was already beating him out with his hustle....Al knocked down some big 3's but nothing is handed to anyone. Someone will have to outwork him for sure...but Armaan and Lander will be coming for his minutes no doubt about it. Honestly...if I was Archie...he would get my 6th man speech. Step up and be a leader...come off the bench and bring energy and leadership to the second unit. It's where he belonged all along. Honestly, he is probably at the bottom of starting sg in the B1G the past couple years...his fit is a bench scorer/sparkplug. Now we actually may have good enough players to allow him to go at teams second units. It will come down to leadership....Smith didn't want to accept the roll he was going to be given...will Al?? Might see the difference here...and I think he will recognize the importance.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Someone will have to beat him out for sure...but I mean late in the season I could argue Franklin was already beating him out with his hustle....Al knocked down some big 3's but nothing is handed to anyone. Someone will have to outwork him for sure...but Armaan and Lander will be coming for his minutes no doubt about it. Honestly...if I was Archie...he would get my 6th man speech. Step up and be a leader...come off the bench and bring energy and leadership to the second unit. It's where he belonged all along. Honestly, he is probably at the bottom of starting sg in the B1G the past couple years...his fit is a bench scorer/sparkplug. Now we actually may have good enough players to allow him to go at teams second units. It will come down to leadership....Smith didn't want to accept the roll he was going to be given...will Al?? Might see the difference here...and I think he will recognize the importance.

I don’t know, he’s been our best 3-point shooter and one of our leading scorers, and has improved every year. We need 3-point shooters, period.

Then again Hunter’s end of year numbers were, IiRC, the best on the team from distance, and with Lander coming in along with Hunter’s anticipated continuing growth and increased role, think Will Sheehey - he was great as a sixth man player, and coming off the bench was not an insult it was his energy, hustle, etc that really helped the team, so yes maybe Al could be that punch off the bench. That will require guys like Hunter to step up though 

3 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I don’t know, he’s been our best 3-point shooter and one of our leading scorers, and has improved every year. We need 3-point shooters, period.

Then again Hunter’s end of year numbers were, IiRC, the best on the team from distance, and with Lander coming in along with Hunter’s anticipated continuing growth and increased role, think Will Sheehey - he was great as a sixth man player, and coming off the bench was not an insult it was his energy, hustle, etc that really helped the team, so yes maybe Al could be that punch off the bench. That will require guys like Hunter to step up though 

Oh agreed everyone has to step up...but I think AL was a natural 6th man type player. We need a veteran presence to come in with the second team and give scoring. You don’t want to rotate in a second unit full of freshman with no go to guy that can score. They would be lost and that is where his senior leadership can shine. 

21 hours ago, dgambill said:

Oh agreed everyone has to step up...but I think AL was a natural 6th man type player. We need a veteran presence to come in with the second team and give scoring. You don’t want to rotate in a second unit full of freshman with no go to guy that can score. They would be lost and that is where his senior leadership can shine. 

Yeah I can see it, again like Sheehy’s move to 6th man. Like that CAM has such options to consider

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just came her to find out. His IG account shows he's in surgery right now or headed that way. Anyone know if it's stuff from last year? Really hope not. That kid deserves a break.

We could assume but we all know what happens when you assume.  I fear the worst unfortunately.  No insight info but a surgery out of the blue?  Can't imagine it would be good. 

Prayers up Jerome. 

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

We could assume but we all know what happens when you assume.  I fear the worst unfortunately.  No insight info but a surgery out of the blue?  Can't imagine it would be good. 

Prayers up Jerome. 

Since that's what we do on boards I'll say this. If it was cleanup or routine thing it would have been done in May, right? Something either happened in last week and needed immediate surgery or fearing the worst it's something from 2 years ago. Darn it. Any insight gang would be appreciated!

Weeelllllllllll Fuuuuuuuuuuu&@!!!  🤬🤬🤬

I hope it's nothing serious, relatively speaking, and he is able to recover quickly!  He was comming along great toward the end of the year and I was super excited for what he could do this year.

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He'll be down for a couple weeks though.  Tonsils as an adult is hard i hear

I had mine taken out in 2015 which would of made me age 61. When I woke up in recovery I told my wife that when I get discharged we were going to Wendy's. I had single with everything, a bowl of chili and a frosty. I watched what I ate the first three weeks but pretty much ate anything I wanted. The first thing I did every morning was to take a long hot steamy shower to loosen everything up in my throat. 
Best of luck Jerome and I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

I had mine taken out in 2015 which would of made me age 61. When I woke up in recovery I told my wife that when I get discharged we were going to Wendy's. I had single with everything, a bowl of chili and a frosty. I watched what I ate the first three weeks but pretty much ate anything I wanted. The first thing I did every morning was to take a long hot steamy shower to loosen everything up in my throat. 
Best of luck Jerome and I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

Yeah I think peoples threshold for pain is very different. I had severe acid reflux pretty much my whole life and it got so bad that my throat built up scar tissue and closed off. Even got a piece of chicken stuck and had to have it removed and my esophagus stretched. First they didn’t understand how I never complained of my heartburn and second they said would be difficult to swallow or eat a couple day’s after surgery. After getting out went straight out and had a steak and baked potato dinner lol. I also broke my arm when I was six...(my mom used to lock the door to the house to keep us outside and playing and out of the kitchen) and i fell out of a tree and broke my arm. It hurt no doubt but mostly I just knew it didn’t feel right..or look right...I waked up and knocked on the door and told her I think my arm is broken...she said don’t be ridiculous you’d be crying if it was and I said no mom look....she about fainted lol!! Definitely people react differently...I will say I had Wisdom teeth pulled when I was around 30...felt like I got kicked in the head by a mule and was miserable.

Just glad Jerome is ok...that pic scared me...a little melodramatic considering all he has been through lol..hope he recovers fast!

9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Don’t you just love the assumptions though? 

Over the last few.....decades, I think we have just gotten used to fate dealing us the worst thing possible so that's our default setting now.  Go straight to 11 on freak out mode then walk it back to the correct level of freak out which in this case is about a 1.5-2 maybe.

12 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Don’t you just love the assumptions though? 

Up until early 2000's I didn't usually react that way because it didn't matter. Knight and players could overcome most anything.

You start adding DJ White, Gordon's injury, Creek's injuries and a few others....we've seemed to be snake snake bitten on our timing over the last 20 years. Covid times is another example....and Hunter would just be icing on the cake. 

I'm trying to get better on assumptions but these past 20 years have made it hard.

Archived