Jerome Hunter Progress

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Up until early 2000's I didn't usually react that way because it didn't matter. Knight and players could overcome most anything.

You start adding DJ White, Gordon's injury, Creek's injuries and a few others....we've seemed to be snake snake bitten on our timing over the last 20 years. Covid times is another example....and Hunter would just be icing on the cake. 

I'm trying to get better on assumptions but these past 20 years have made it hard.

We do seem to be cursed.  I fully expect this season to be canceled and that Lander and TJD will both be in the 2021 draft.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't follow a lot of other teams as closely, so it's hard to say IU has more or less major injuries than most. It just seems that way when you can't go a year without a serious injury that ends their season or significantly limits their ability to get on the court. 

During the Crean-years it became the norm for at least one or two to show up in a walking boot just prior to the first game. It would be an out of the blue thing that just happened to occur routinely.

59 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

I don't follow a lot of other teams as closely, so it's hard to say IU has more or less major injuries than most. It just seems that way when you can't go a year without a serious injury that ends their season or significantly limits their ability to get on the court. 

During the Crean-years it became the norm for at least one or two to show up in a walking boot just prior to the first game. It would be an out of the blue thing that just happened to occur routinely.

I honestly think we're just above average over the last 20 years compared to the average of team injuries.  I wound't say its significantly higher, we just notice it because we're fans and we have been short on talent many of these years and a couple injuries kills our season.  

Archived