Movies that you just have to watch

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

YOU are the Sausage King of Chicago?

My youngest daughter is a Texas State alum...I was just reading about a little trouble their coach was in...when I saw his picture, I immediately thought, "So that's what happened to that Maitre d'!"

Screenshot_20200609-163510.png

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Watch this with the fam every Christmas Eve, family tradition.

C'mon Kid! 

You used up all the glue, on purpose!

Fra - gile!

Electric sex, gleaming in the window

What are you gonna cry now? Come on crybaby cry for me, come on cry!

Ralphie played by Peter Billingsley.  You would think that between Peter, Barbara or Chad Billingsley one of them would have some pull to get me famous but none of them ever show up at the reunions 

On 6/8/2020 at 5:25 PM, tdhoosier said:

- Back to the Future 1 and 2 (3 sucks)

- Indiana Jones (any one)

- Shawshank (of course)

- Forest Gump

- Clueless

- Mean Girls

- Dumb and Dumber

- Naked Gun 

- 21 Jump Street

edit: oh yeah....Star Wars episodes IV, V and VI.......and of course: Space Balls. “I see your Schwartz is as big as mine”

I have seen Clueless many times.

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just caught the last 15 minutes of Ferris Bueller.  Would need to add that to my list. 

Same. And my list keeps on growing. Speaking of Keanu, I need to add Speed to the list. I think I saw that movie 3 times in the theaters and maybe a couple hundred times since. I’d probably watch Bill and Ted if it was on now...and probably the Matrix too. 

a couple more adds:

-enemy of the state (TNT must own this movie they play it so much)

-office space  

-cast away 

• 2 weeks later...

The Fugitive was on IFC this past weekend. Another movie I have a hard time flipping past. 

IFC is the best channel for these movies. And during the afternoon they have a steady diet of That 70s Show and Parks and Rec. Great channel that I didn’t know existed until recently. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 12:42 PM, milehiiu said:

Hi Jackie. Hope you and your family are doing well during this pandemic.

I right now have been working from home we were told that starting next week we can go back to the office but only a 50% capacity. They are also making us use a phone application to report our symptoms. 

3 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

I right now have been working from home we were told that starting next week we can go back to the office but only a 50% capacity. They are also making us use a phone application to report our symptoms. 

Just take care. You've been a HSN treasure for years.  Hopefully you can catch a Butler game before long.  Stay safe. 

Watched Breaking Away the other night with my teenage daughter. 

Crazy to think that as a kid I was there as an extra in the audience at the Little 500, and now I have 2 kids in college and one in boarding school —

And they all loved it. It’s still such a fun movie, and wow has Bloomington changed. What a tiny little IN town it was then.

Hey y’all, I’ve been off the board for so long just being busy with house projects and gardening, but last week I had the misfortune of fracturing ever so slightly my pelvic bone in 3 places so I’ve got idle time! Haha..   This is a fun thread and will give me ideas to keep boredom at bay!
My picks:

Breaking Away

Ferris Bueller

The Blind Side

Never Been Kissed

The Holiday

Goodfellas

The Princess Bride

8 hours ago, MrsStoller said:

Hey y’all, I’ve been off the board for so long just being busy with house projects and gardening, but last week I had the misfortune of fracturing ever so slightly my pelvic bone in 3 places so I’ve got idle time! Haha..   This is a fun thread and will give me ideas to keep boredom at bay!
My picks:

Breaking Away

Ferris Bueller

The Blind Side

Never Been Kissed

The Holiday

Goodfellas

The Princess Bride

So sorry to hear that! Praying you heal soon with as little pain as possible!

10 hours ago, MrsStoller said:

My picks:

Breaking Away

Ferris Bueller

The Blind Side

Never Been Kissed

The Holiday

Goodfellas

The Princess Bride

Solid list of movies. Have missed your contributions to the board. Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery. 

14 hours ago, MrsStoller said:

My picks:

Breaking Away

Ferris Bueller

The Blind Side

Never Been Kissed

The Holiday

Goodfellas

The Princess Bride

Ouch, hope you recover well and soon

Archived