Freshmen!!!

18 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Revisiting this: which Freshman outside of Lander will contribute.

In listening to interviews and podcasts, it sounds like Galloway is going to challenge some guys for playing time. I have a feeling we’re going to like this kid. I hope he brings some grit to this team. 

I think a good comp for Galloway may be Dane Fife.  And, before someone brings up the fact that Fife was a McDonald's All American, I'm talking more about what they could bring to the team over the course of their college career.  As you mentioned, grit, toughness, playing with an edge, etc.  Not a big scorer, but a competitor and a winner,  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2020 at 9:54 AM, 5fouls said:

I think a good comp for Galloway may be Dane Fife.  And, before someone brings up the fact that Fife was a McDonald's All American, I'm talking more about what they could bring to the team over the course of their college career.  As you mentioned, grit, toughness, playing with an edge, etc.  Not a big scorer, but a competitor and a winner,  

I can't wait to see Galloway bite a player's leg. 

😁

Kidding aside, if this kid brings even 80% of Fife's toughness and competitiveness on the floor, that will be great

• 2 weeks later...

Galloway is going to surprise a ton of people.  A ton of people. Jerome is back to almost where he was pre-injury with his confidence which is huge!  Leal is being reported as a 3pt sniper, never stops shooting, total gym rat.  Geronimo has more upside than anyone on the team, Oladipo athleticism and speed with OG strength and height.  Folks, IU is going to be pretty damn good.  Notice I didn’t even mention their best players who by all reports have improved a ton.  TJD will be shooting 3s this year Id off season workouts are any indication.  I’ve been off since Tuesday with a positive Covid result and been burning my contacts up!😂

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Galloway is going to surprise a ton of people.  A ton of people. Jerome is back to almost where he was pre-injury with his confidence which is huge!  Leal is being reported as a 3pt sniper, never stops shooting, total gym rat.  Geronimo has more upside than anyone on the team, Oladipo athleticism and speed with OG strength and height.  Folks, IU is going to be pretty damn good.  Notice I didn’t even mention their best players who by all reports have improved a ton.  TJD will be shooting 3s this year Id off season workouts are any indication.  I’ve been off since Tuesday with a positive Covid result and been burning my contacts up!😂

Thanks for sharing all this exciting news.  Can't wait to see it all come together.  Hope all goes well for you and your family with the positive test.

10 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Thanks for the info. Wishing you the best and hoping that it will be a mild case, over and done with quickly. 

Any idea how game ready Geronimo is yet? I have high hopes but I wasn't expecting meaningful minutes until next year, with glimpses of his talent surfacing periodically this year. That sound about correct or am I underestimating him? 

27 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Thanks for the info. Wishing you the best and hoping that it will be a mild case, over and done with quickly. 

Any idea how game ready Geronimo is yet? I have high hopes but I wasn't expecting meaningful minutes until next year, with glimpses of his talent surfacing periodically this year. That sound about correct or am I underestimating him? 

May get more time than we think, but it’s still early

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Get well soon man

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

CAM has mentioned Geronimo more than once when he has spoken about the team/frosh over the summer, each time highly. With his level of athleticism and defense with length, and from the way CAM and players have commented on him, I think it's likely we'll see Geronimo off the bench early and getting good minutes by mid-season. This kid has monster athleticism and a a college-ready body and strength.

3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

How are you feeling and hope you are not having to many problems with this virus.

Archived