National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

Look I am very disappointed that the season is going to be cancelled especially since this could be the best IU team in years.  I would guess if football is cancelled it really puts the basketball season on jeporady as well.  Since basketball is.my favorite sport I would be more devastated losing that season but if it is for the best then I will have to live with that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

That is....laughable.

160,00 dead but it’s a ploy until the election is over.

OK....LOL

Not saying the virus isn’t real. Is there a big time political agenda with it? Yes. Is it overblown yes. More people have died from suicide than the virus. Scared of the virus? Stay home. Can we put precautions in place without shutting everything down? Yup. 18-22 year olds are fine but Like I said let the kids have the choice of playing even without fans. If they want to opt out  still honor their scholarship. 

Just now, 5 championships said:

Not saying the virus isn’t real. Is there a big time political agenda with it? Yes. Is it overblown yes. More people have died from suicide than the virus. Scared of the virus? Stay home. Can we put precautions in place without shutting everything down? Yup. Like I said let the kids gave the choice of playing even without fans. If they want to opt out  still honor their scholarship. 

Let the kids play without fans is a much different take than your statement that the season might be held back to influence the election.
I agree with you that the pandemic has been politicized but am fairly certain we would disagree as to who has politicized it :)

In any case....can’t wait for a vaccine and it is a shame that this has happened when Allen clearly has things on the upswing.

Especially in high school how would they do football in the spring.  Especially the smaller schools where the best players plays all the major sports how would these teams be able to field a team.  I know at the 5 and 6 level of football that kids usually play only one sport but not at those small schools.

If college plays in the spring we will see a lot of juniors and seniors opting out to get ready for the draft.

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

160,000 is .05% of the US population.  Statistically irrelevant 

Is covid being used to influence the election....the answer is yes. 

I love how the goal post has been moved. First there would be no deaths, then few deaths, then 10k, then hey the flue kills 35k and no way we will reach that and now 160k is  “irrelevant” and I’m sure 300k all the sudden will barely be worth acknowledging.

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

160,000 is .05% of the US population.  Statistically irrelevant 

Is covid being used to influence the election....the answer is yes. 

If people in college football thinks the virus is a political ploy why would they cancel the season.  They are losing way to much money for them to not to look into this.themselves and talked to as many medical people to make this decision.

1 minute ago, IU878176 said:

I love how the goal post has been moved. First there would be no deaths, then few deaths, then 10k, then hey the flue kills 35k and no way we will reach that and now 160k is  “irrelevant” and I’m sure 300k all the sudden will barely be worth acknowledging.

Honestly, I expect 300K deaths.  Falls in line statistically with past pandemics. 

4 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Go talk Covid in the Covid thread. 

Make it sports related. 

25 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I think they are seeing whats going on with MLB with the travel. Of the 19 positive Marlins 0 got sick. I hope they understand that when making the call. If they play in the spring i hope they bring back the smaller schools who really need the money and they play the original schedule.

First part is basically my frustration 

9 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Let the kids play without fans is a much different take than your statement that the season might be held back to influence the election.
I agree with you that the pandemic has been politicized but am fairly certain we would disagree as to who has politicized it :)

In any case....can’t wait for a vaccine and it is a shame that this has happened when Allen clearly has things on the upswing.

I would be ok with allowing 50% capacity at least if not 100%. But to not even play even without fans is absurd!!

6 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

I’m pretty sure at very first people were predicting millions to die with like a 1-3 percent death rate. I don’t even think 160,000 is legit. I have to much family working in health care. I’ve heard a lot that they get pushed to Mark deaths down as Covid even if it’s not. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If people in college football thinks the virus is a political ploy why would they cancel the season.  They are losing way to much money for them to not to look into this.themselves and talked to as many medical people to make this decision.

College football executives are taking responsonsible precautions I agree. 

Apologies for sidetracking discussion.  But covid is being utilized politically.

I think we all need some sports back!!  I know I do. 

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Ok I won’t post anymore about Covid my bad. Just extremely frustrating. 

We might disagree on some things but I agree with you on this.

Also my bad. Need to control myself as sticking to sports on this forum is a  good place to get away.

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

College football executives are taking responsonsible precautions I agree. 

Apologies for sidetracking discussion.  But covid is being utilized politically.

I think we all need some sports back!!  I know I do. 

The place it is being used politically is the stimulus package and benefits.  If they appear to be helping the American people in this case they think it will help them get elected.  As an unemployed person this week has totally pissed me off because they can't come together bro help the people.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The place it is being used politically is the stimulus package and benefits.  If they appear to be helping the American people in this case they think it will help them get elected.  As an unemployed person this week has totally pissed me off because they can't come together bro help the people.

I'm sorry this isn't sports related but well we dont have much of that right now. I'm fortunate to still be working and my wife is back to work. But it makes me so mad that these government stooges are playing political football with OUR MONEY!

So they can sit in their castle while we subsist on crumbs. 

Archived