National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

One more thing that the college baseball players play in the spring and the MLB draft goes on during the college tournament.

you said you were done? 

And its pretty easy to see the difference between the two.... baseball is ALWAYS planned like that because it's based on the school calendar. 🤦‍♂️ 

People are thinking this is just about getting the virus but it has more to the unknown on what this virus can do to the body or long term ramifications.  Yes most people at this age will recover fully but the doctors are seeing more and more long term ramifications from the virus like heart problems and inflammation around the heart. I know I am way older than these athletes but it as been 4 months n ow and I am still having a lot of chest pain and problems breathing.  Even though my test has come back pretty well there is still something causing these symptoms.  To me it would come off hypocritical if they actually payed because all we here is about it being student athletes and they care about their safety.  If they played it would show that all they cared about is the money and that they did not care about the athletes themselves.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

People are thinking this is just about getting the virus but it has more to the unknown on what this virus can do to the body or long term ramifications.  Yes most people at this age will recover fully but the doctors are seeing more and more long term ramifications from the virus like heart problems and inflammation around the heart. I know I am way older than these athletes but it as been 4 months n ow and I am still having a lot of chest pain and problems breathing.  Even though my test has come back pretty well there is still something causing these symptoms.  To me it would come off hypocritical if they actually payed because all we here is about it being student athletes and they care about their safety.  If they played it would show that all they cared about is the money and that they did not care about the athletes themselves.

Why are you STILL telling us what WE'RE thinking? 

Because you're wrong. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Why are you STILL telling us what WE'RE thinking? 

Because I can read and see what people are posting.  It is all about long term liabilities that the big ten is worried about.  Sometimes people needs to be saved from themselves because we don't always make the best decisions for ourselves.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because I can read and see what people are posting.  It is all about long term liabilities that the big ten is worried about.  Sometimes people needs to be saved from themselves because we don't always make the best decisions for ourselves.

Sometimes people should worry about themselves and leave others alone. 

This is not the right decision with what we know now. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sometimes people should worry about themselves and leave others alone. 

This is not the right decision with what we know now. 

Maybe according to you but the people who are paid the big bucks to make decisions disagrees with you.  I am pretty sure they have more information that you or I have so i will take their viewpoint over yours or mine.  Again they would not be postponing the season if they did not feel like it was for the best.  They would not be throwing all of this money away by postponing the season if they thought it was alright to play.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe according to you but the people who are paid the big bucks to make decisions disagrees with you.  I am pretty sure they have more information that you or I have so i will take their viewpoint over yours or mine.  Again they would not be postponing the season if they did not feel like it was for the best.  They would not be throwing all of this money away by postponing the season if they thought it was alright to play.

I've posted multiple articles. I guess you haven't read them, idk. 

Have to wonder... why in the world you would have students on campus if allegedly fall sports are too dangerous 😅😅 .... the players are at much, much more of a risk of Covid now. Its too bad the university presidents don't have they health as a top priority. 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The powers that be took away alcohol once upon on a time...didn't work so well.  

Just now, btownqb said:

I've posted multiple articles. I guess you haven't read them, idk. 

Have to wonder... why in the world you would have students on campus if allegedly fall sports are too dangerous 😅😅 .... the players are at much, much more of a risk of Covid now. Its too bad the university presidents don't have they health as a top priority. 

So you don't think the conference has met with numerous doctors and people in the healthcare field to come to this conclusion.  I get it you are upset and you probably found articles that support your viewpoint.  I am pretty sure there are many other articles out there that goes against your views as well but you won't post them.  I don't like the decision either but I am not going to freak out about it and think it is some kind of conspiracy against football fans. 

Just now, Sark said:

All incoming freshmen footballers should decline to enroll, re-open their recruiting, and strongly consider laying out a year before attending college. They won’t start their eligibility clock and they’ll retain all options going forward. And any decent player should consider a transfer to any school. Including a juco, that will play in the Fall.

For once.. I agree with you. 

So we have the Big Ten, Pac 10, Mountain West and the MAC who has cancelled the fall sports.  If you are able watch the BTN because they are on there talking about the cancellation of the season.  They have already talked to the commissioner and now they are talking to OSU AD.

Archived