National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So you don't think the conference has met with numerous doctors and people in the healthcare field to come to this conclusion.  I get it you are upset and you probably found articles that support your viewpoint.  I am pretty sure there are many other articles out there that goes against your views as well but you won't post them.  I don't like the decision either but I am not going to freak out about it and think it is some kind of conspiracy against football fans. 

I don't think its f****** conspiracy Scott. I've stated I see the other side, but with the info we have now.. their is no greater risk in playing football. There just isn't. 

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Why couldn't they have delayed and waited to see what happened after the students came back. Decisions being made with not enough information once again. 

Sometimes in life you have to say damn the torpedoes and forge ahead for the long term benefits. 

These kids are just learning a good life lesson that life is not always fair and if this is the worst thing to happen to them then they should be happy.  These kids once they get out to the real world will realize they will come up to a lot of obstacles in their lives but it is how you deal with those disappointments.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think its f****** conspiracy Scott. I've stated I see the other side, but with the info we have now.. their is no greater risk in playing football. There just isn't. 

Not according to all the doctors that these conferences have been in contact with.  Why do you think they cancelled the season if there was no risk, they wouldn't have  because they are losing way to much by not having a season.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

These kids are just learning a good life lesson that life is not always fair and if this is the worst thing to happen to them then they should be happy.  These kids once they get out to the real world will realize they will come up to a lot of obstacles in their lives but it is how you deal with those disappointments.

I'm thinking more about all the lost opportunities that future athletes would have had if non revenue sports that provide scholarships weren't being axed all over the country. How many high schoolers and younger people will now lose out on an education. 

And all the businesses that will be affected. 

I really feel for those who have to deal with the actual disease but the intermediate and long term ramifications of the measures taken will impact a far greater number of people. 

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm thinking more about all the lost opportunities that future athletes would have had if non revenue sports that provide scholarships weren't being axed all over the country. How many high schoolers and younger people will now lose out on an education. 

And all the businesses that will be affected. 

I really feel for those who have to deal with the actual disease but the intermediate and long term ramifications of the measures taken will impact a far greater number of people. 

I feel for them a lot because this pandemic has cost me my job and hurt my health for the last 4 months.  I am not out there complaining to everyone saying how unfair everything is because life will throw you many obstacles in life.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Big 12 has not announced a decision yet 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I feel for them a lot because this pandemic has cost me my job and hurt my health for the last 4 months.  I am not out there complaining to everyone saying how unfair everything is because life will throw you many obstacles in life.

No doubt, you've had a rough 2020 but you're handling it really well.  I feel for you, and wish you the best outcome.  But kudos for how you've handled it.

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

My Dad went to the military first then went to college.  FWIW, he played a lot of baseball while he was in the Navy.  

I forgot I was going to post this yesterday but forgot about it.  Was listening to 1070AM and they were interviewing former Colt Darrius Butler who also went to UCONN.  He was talking to UCONN's head coach about them cancelling their season.  I guess one thing that was a problem for them was that 3 or 4 of the teams on their schedule was in stats with travel restrictions.  That means anyone going into that stat has to quarantine 14 days before they can go out in that state and do anything.  The coach said after other cancellations and the states restrictions would limit their schedule to 5 games.  He did not want kids to use up a years of eligibility to play a 5 game season and that was one of the reasons they cancelled the season.

I was supposed to be leaving tomorrow for Hilton Head island but I cancelled my trip a couple of weeks ago.  if it was just me going I probably would still be going but my 5 month old granddaughter and my son and his girlfriend was going as well.  I just felt it was just to dangerous to put her in that situation because it was not worth it.  What is bad is that I could not get a refund because I cancelled to late but they put my money into an account and I got until next October to use it.  So that is a little like the conference postponing the season and play it at a later date.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I forgot I was going to post this yesterday but forgot about it.  Was listening to 1070AM and they were interviewing former Colt Darrius Butler who also went to UCONN.  He was talking to UCONN's head coach about them cancelling their season.  I guess one thing that was a problem for them was that 3 or 4 of the teams on their schedule was in stats with travel restrictions.  That means anyone going into that stat has to quarantine 14 days before they can go out in that state and do anything.  The coach said after other cancellations and the states restrictions would limit their schedule to 5 games.  He did not want kids to use up a years of eligibility to play a 5 game season and that was one of the reasons they cancelled the season.

I was supposed to be leaving tomorrow for Hilton Head island but I cancelled my trip a couple of weeks ago.  if it was just me going I probably would still be going but my 5 month old granddaughter and my son and his girlfriend was going as well.  I just felt it was just to dangerous to put her in that situation because it was not worth it.  What is bad is that I could not get a refund because I cancelled to late but they put my money into an account and I got until next October to use it.  So that is a little like the conference postponing the season and play it at a later date.

I went to Gulfport MS in June. Loved it. 

Headed to Knoxville Oct 4th for UT vs Missouri. Probably attend a lot of SEC games this year. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Children are much, much more successful against this disease. 

But I was just stating where I was going, since you said where you weren't.  

I guess you will have to wait to see how many fans will be able to attend those games.  I would think unless you are a student or alumni you won't be going to those games.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess you will have to wait to see how many fans will be able to attend those games.  I would think unless you are a student or alumni you won't be going to those games.

I already have tickets to UT Missouri. 

But yeah.. the rest might be hard.  

Archived