National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I dont believe for a second this has anything to do with the true health of the players or anyone... 

Its all because these presidents don't want sued. Weak. 

Fruthermore... I'm officially on the get rid of McRobbie train. 

I thought he was going to be leaving in a year

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way they play ball in the spring. New players coming in as early enrollees, you have players that will require surgery which is a given, then they are expected to heal in time for fall ball? We’ve seen nothing but chaos for the last 4 years across the board as is, so trying to add spring football will bring more chaos to an already screwed up situation. When do they end the spring season? When do they start up the summer workouts? How much of a break is fair to the players. Strength training will take a hit for sure. 

Do we raise the schollie limit at each school to accommodate those that are interested in returning, while also bring in a whole recruiting class... not good at all.

15 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

No way they play ball in the spring. New players coming in as early enrollees, you have players that will require surgery which is a given, then they are expected to heal in time for fall ball? We’ve seen nothing but chaos for the last 4 years across the board as is, so trying to add spring football will bring more chaos to an already screwed up situation. When do they end the spring season? When do they start up the summer workouts? How much of a break is fair to the players. Strength training will take a hit for sure. 

Do we raise the schollie limit at each school to accommodate those that are interested in returning, while also bring in a whole recruiting class... not good at all.

Yeah and you CANNOT sacrifice strength training.  Can't do it. 

1 hour ago, Milosh68 said:

Just my little opinion but the KC Chiefs just played 4 preseason games, 16 regular season games and 3 playoff games this past year. That's 23 from August to February or roughly 7 months. I know the preseason games don't officially count but the contact in pros is far greater than college. It's not ideal at all....but I'm not one in the camp of this causing hardship on the players to play 10 in spring and normal season in fall. That would be 23 games in 11 months.

Just a disclaimer. I don't want spring ball for many reasons because I believe football should be starting in a month....or at the very least follow the SEC's lead and wait until end of September to fire things up. If things change between now and 9/26 that warrants cancelling a season so be it but this rush this last 6 days resembles nothing in the form of logic or consistent thought. 

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my little opinion but the KC Chiefs just played 4 preseason games, 16 regular season games and 3 playoff games this past year. That's 23 from August to February or roughly 7 months. I know the preseason games don't officially count but the contact in pros is far greater than college. It's not ideal at all....but I'm not one in the camp of this causing hardship on the players to play 10 in spring and normal season in fall. That would be 23 games in 11 months.

Just a disclaimer. I don't want spring ball for many reasons because I believe football should be starting in a month....or at the very least follow the SEC's lead and wait until end of September to fire things up. If things change between now and 9/26 that warrants cancelling a season so be it but this rush this last 6 days resembles nothing in the form of logic or consistent thought. 

A big difference is that we are comparing 18-22 years old college kids compared to 22-32 years old men playing pro football.  In pro thos eplayers work out year around with nothing else to concentrate on where college kids has limits on workouts.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

A big difference is that we are comparing 18-22 years old college kids compared to 22-32 years old men playing pro football.  In pro thos eplayers work out year around with nothing else to concentrate on where college kids has limits on workouts.

Just a quick point on this. High school players workout year round. So do college kids. It's a 50 week a year deal. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Just a quick point on this. High school players workout year round. So do college kids. It's a 50 week a year deal. 

Not in the off season the NCAA has time restrictions.  They might work on their own but the coaches can't be working with them.  The strength coach can work with them but their is a restriction on how.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not in the off season the NCAA has time restrictions.  They might work on their own but the coaches can't be working with them.  The strength coach can work with them but their is a restriction on how.

They work 50 weeks a year. That's all I'm saying. 

Not exactly the same, but hockey players endure quite a bit of contact every game. Probably at a higher velocity than a football player can run and with possibly less protection. They will be playing more games now and then start a new season in October. 

Like you said, I am not a proponent of Spring football, but other athletes are putting their bodies under a lot of stress 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What I have heard and read it is about the travel and the other schools having different protocol.  I guess that would be more of an non conference schedule but they talked about that as well.

I think they're full shit. McRobbie out next summer, thank god. Now get rid of this Warren quack.

Just now, btownqb said:

I think they're full shit. McRobbie out next summer, thank god. Now get rid of this Warren quack.

I still think the main problem with playing in my opinion is that they are afraid of the liability.  With all of these heart concerns from the virus these colleges could be paying these players medicals bills for rest of their life.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I still think the main problem with playing in my opinion is that they are afraid of the liability.  With all of these heart concerns from the virus these colleges could be paying these players medicals bills for rest of their life.

So won't they still have that possibility even when a vaccine becomes available?  I mean look at the flu vaccines effectiveness yearly.  60% effective is a good year.   Even after getting vaccinated with the new drug it might not prevent it.   That liability they are afraid of will still be there.   I just don't get their reasoning especially when dorms and in person classes are happening.   Couldn't a student or faculty member not get it and have long term issues and then sue?  

Go Hoosiers!!!

15 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

So won't they still have that possibility even when a vaccine becomes available?  I mean look at the flu vaccines effectiveness yearly.  60% effective is a good year.   Even after getting vaccinated with the new drug it might not prevent it.   That liability they are afraid of will still be there.   I just don't get their reasoning especially when dorms and in person classes are happening.   Couldn't a student or faculty member not get it and have long term issues and then sue?  

Go Hoosiers!!!

They're soft.  There's no other reason.  Scott can think what he wants.. they're soft. 

Archived