National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Correct....but my comment was mostly made as joke. Seems like the spikes being reported are only happening where football is taking place. Not the schools where they've cancelled. Just my two cents on media bias.

Just curious....Do you think there have been spikes at Michigan, UCLA, Ohio State etc but all the media has jointly gotten together and decided to keep it hush-hush? I thought the “theory”was that the media was bending over backward to make this look as bad as possible but now they are not reporting all of the spikes??

16 hours ago, Sark said:

Does anyone really think it was a media conspiracy? That’s tinfoil hat country, for sure.

You would have to be living under a rock with a tinfoil hat on not to think that media outlets have agendas.  And several of them share the same agenda(s).  

17 hours ago, Sark said:

Does anyone really think it was a media conspiracy? That’s tinfoil hat country, for sure.

The problem is most softbrains only read headlines. So media will sensationalize a headline to push an article filled with fluff and misinterpretation.

The media is incompetent.  That's putting it mildly. 

6 minutes ago, Sark said:

And yet some believe those ‘incompetents’ are able to conspire to shape their work and compromise their careers in an effort to derail college football. You know, the thing responsible for their livelihoods. I have a feeling the tin foil hats are needed to protect the “soft brains”. In actuality, people’s distrust and dislike of the media is because they (the media) take positions that readers / listeners / viewers disagree with. It’s always been that way. 

They dont care about college football.  They aren't trying to derail it. I'm talking about media in general.

You should research operation mockingbird.  

19 minutes ago, Sark said:

It was a CIA endeavor, not a media generated conspiracy. The CIA was manipulating the media. What has been alleged by Rico is that the media has conspired in an effort to manipulate college football. There’s a Grand Canyon-sized difference.

Not in an election year.

1 hour ago, Sark said:

I suppose, whatever that means. But there’s nothing to suggest that they had any kind of organized effort to have football cancelled. 

Whatever, I am listening to 670 am right now.  The host of the show just said that schools trying to play football this fall are nuts.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29737899/tennessee-restricts-tickets-25-neyland-seats

BtownQ,  I know you said you had tickets for a UT game and I saw this on ESPN.com

Yeah I saw that.  I think we're gonna go down anyway... go to bars and all that. 

Missouri is the game I have tix for 🤣 

Sucks.. cases are down 21% and deaths down 8%. 

Archived