National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sark said:

They’re not leaving. 

I agree. Don't want to give up the B1G revenue sharing.  And this was just one guy's opinion.... that I wanted to share with Hoosier Sports Nation.

However.... the Bugeaters HAVE to get better.  They are not the team they were, when they were in the Big 12

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29680885/lsu-tigers-senior-cb-kary-vincent-jr-opts-2020-season

More players opting out so I thought all the cry was players wanted to play.  Also saw Auburn has had 34 positive test this summer.

You're getting really annoying with the bs "players crying"... sorry that kids want to play the game they've worked their whole lives for.  

Their priorities aren't your priorities and that's no one's fault. 

I doubt you'd make fun of any of these guys to their face, so don't do it on a message board. 

You do realize all college basketball players would be doing the exact same thing the CFB players are doing, right? 

Alllllll of them are tweeting #WeWantToPlay but yeah the players are "crying". 

Just an incredibly misinformed stance you've taken on this topic. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You're getting really annoying with the bs "players crying"... sorry that kids want to play the game they've worked their whole lives for.  

Their priorities aren't your priorities and that's no one's fault. 

I doubt you'd make fun of any of these guys to their face, so don't do it on a message board. 

Then put me on ignore because I can have my opinion just like you can.  I don't agree with most of your post but don't tell you are getting annoying.  We saw last week how they said the players wanted to play yet we still see more and more players opting out.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Then put me on ignore because I can have my opinion just like you can.  I don't agree with most of your post but don't tell you are getting annoying.  We saw last week how they said the players wanted to play yet we still see more and more players opting out.

They should be playing. Your health is not their worry, nor should it be. 

Saying they're crying... just immature. I would you'd be better than that. 

Just now, btownqb said:

They should be playing. Your health is not their worry, nor should it be. 

Saying they're crying... just immature. I would you'd be better than that. 

I never said they shouldn't play because I hope they have a season.  Also I did not say they were crying so I should used a better word but I meant that I thought the players were in unison on playing.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I never said they shouldn't play because I hope they have a season.  Also I did not say they were crying so I should used a better word but I meant that I thought the players were in unison on playing.

Why's it a big deal for you if the big ten plays football? You aren't going to games, you don't have a son playing... why do you care? 

Just now, btownqb said:

Why's it a big deal for you if the big ten plays football? You aren't going to games, you don't have a son playing... why do you care? 

Your reading comprehension might a little off because I never said I wanted the season to be cancelled.  All I said was I understand why they did it and if the cancelled the season they must have a good reason.  I am a sports fan and love football and basketball so I never would want to go without sports.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Your reading comprehension might a little off because I never said I wanted the season to be cancelled.  All I said was I understand why they did it and if the cancelled the season they must have a good reason.  I am a sports fan and love football and basketball so I never would want to go without sports.

You've made multiple comments that the players were selfish for petitioning and wanting to play. Multiple.  

Just have no idea why you care so much what the players are doing

Just now, btownqb said:

You've made multiple comments that the players were selfish for petitioning and wanting to play. Multiple.  

Just have no idea why you care so much what the players are doing

Please so me where I said that because I never said that about petitioning to play.  Again please just put me on ignore If you don't like what I say.. I want the season but I am not butt hurt and taking it personally like some has done on here about them cancelling the season.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Please so me where I said that because I never said that about petitioning to play.  Again please just put me on ignore If you don't like what I say.. I want the season but I am not butt hurt and taking it personally like some has done on here about them cancelling the season.

Ok lol 

Just now, btownqb said:

Ok lol 

I just went back 4 pages which goes back to 8/11 and no where I said anything about kids being selfish for wanting to play or petition to play.  You want to read whatever you want when I post about it but at east get the facts straight or don't jump to conclusions.

SEC schedules announced tonight. Fun to see fans talking about the what ifs,etc...I'm beating the same drum but the Big 10 better hope they are right. If SEC, ACC, Big 12 all play, have partial fans and no problems this fall.....there won't be enough lube to what the Big 10 is in store for this fall. Which is why I keep saying the same thing. Why the rush? They could have made the same call in early Mid-September. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

SEC schedules announced tonight. Fun to see fans talking about the what ifs,etc...I'm beating the same drum but the Big 10 better hope they are right. If SEC, ACC, Big 12 all play, have partial fans and no problems this fall.....there won't be enough lube to what the Big 10 is in store for this fall. Which is why I keep saying the same thing. Why the rush? They could have made the same call in early Mid-September. 

Preach

1 hour ago, rico said:

SIAP

UNC sent kids home from campus.

Notre Dame is dealing with an outbreak on campus.

UNC made it just one week with in person class.    Not suprised at the huge spike in cases.   There were large on and off campus parties going on like normal.

Go Hoosiers!!!

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems like the spikes are happening only at schools who intend on playing football this year. Odd. 

East Carolina has had high numbers.  Huge party school.   A lot of schools haven't started or just are beginning to like IU.  I really think its just a matter of time before we see spikes at most colleges reopening campuses.  It's going to be hard to prevent the partying.   

I have seen some "football schools" take huge precautions to keep players in their own bubble.  USC(South Carolina) is one.   Will be interesting to see if they can stay negative.  I'd think players would have a lot of peer pressure from other players not to go out and party.  You wouldn't want to be the guy that got it and forced your team to forfeit the season.

Go Hoosiers!!!

16 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

East Carolina has had high numbers.  Huge party school.   A lot of schools haven't started or just are beginning to like IU.  I really think its just a matter of time before we see spikes at most colleges reopening campuses.  It's going to be hard to prevent the partying.   

I have seen some "football schools" take huge precautions to keep players in their own bubble.  USC(South Carolina) is one.   Will be interesting to see if they can stay negative.  I'd think players would have a lot of peer pressure from other players not to go out and party.  You wouldn't want to be the guy that got it and forced your team to forfeit the season.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I had a long discussion with our team last week and explained to them... they don't want to be the guy that isn't wearing a mask/doing all they can, that ends up with the virus and shuts us down for good. Obviously a fair amount of the time we can't control it, but still need to do all we can. 

The numbers are absolutely staggering how low percentage of people under the age of 54 that have it though. It's pretty hard to drop below .1%. 

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I had a long discussion with our team last week and explained to them... they don't want to be the guy that isn't wearing a mask/doing all they can, that ends up with the virus and shuts us down for good. Obviously a fair amount of the time we can't control it, but still need to do all we can. 

The numbers are absolutely staggering how low percentage of people under the age of 54 that have it though. It's pretty hard to drop below .1%. 

Convincing teenagers anything is difficult.   Especially when the virus seems less of a threat to them.   

I know a lot of coaches in the past probably let certain players get away with extracurricular stuff but I bet most have drawn a line now.  You go out and party or sneak your girlfriend in... your off the team.   One bad egg and the season's shot.

Go Hoosiers!!!

6 hours ago, Sark said:

I believe those schools have all started early in an effort to stuff as much on campus learning in as possible before Thanksgiving. That’s why there are spikes.

Correct....but my comment was mostly made as joke. Seems like the spikes being reported are only happening where football is taking place. Not the schools where they've cancelled. Just my two cents on media bias.

Archived