National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I feel like the B1G will go to a 10 game schedule and stick us with Minnesota because OSU, PSU, Wisc, and Michigan just weren't enough.

I will say, I would like to play about every B1G West team not already scheduled. I put Minnesota and Nebraska in the same category. The "overrated and the coach is a tool" category. Nebraska more than Minnesota on both of those. Especially after Frost saying that he wanted the B1G to schedule IU so his schedule was easier (or something along those lines).

I'd love to take it to Iowa right now after all that has come out about their program, and I think it would be really neat to go up against Northwestern with Ramsey at QB.

20 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I feel like the B1G will go to a 10 game schedule and stick us with Minnesota because OSU, PSU, Wisc, and Michigan just weren't enough.

I will say, I would like to play about every B1G West team not already scheduled. I put Minnesota and Nebraska in the same category. The "overrated and the coach is a tool" category. Nebraska more than Minnesota on both of those. Especially after Frost saying that he wanted the B1G to schedule IU so his schedule was easier (or something along those lines).

I'd love to take it to Iowa right now after all that has come out about their program, and I think it would be really neat to go up against Northwestern with Ramsey at QB.

I want to play Illinois for the free win. Need 5 wins this year for a bowl game, if we happen to have bowl games. 

17 minutes ago, DireBump said:

I want to play Illinois for the free win. Need 5 wins this year for a bowl game, if we happen to have bowl games. 

We already have them scheduled though, so I was just looking at the ones we don't. I think they should have been a 3 win team, and they completely fluked their way into a bowl last year. They were so bad.

I think we can get to 5. Illinois, Rutgers, and Maryland are games we have no business losing. Then Purdue and MSU are should wins. Even if we drop one of those 5, we still have a decent shot of finally stealing one from the top 4 we play.

Part of me hopes we get a 10th game and add Minnesota or Iowa and we still win 6 games. That would really make a statement.

We lost almost nothing from last year. We're one of the top teams in the country as far as returning production, and that even takes into account losing Ramsey's production. I'm almost giddy thinking about how good we could be.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

We already have them scheduled though, so I was just looking at the ones we don't. I think they should have been a 3 win team, and they completely fluked their way into a bowl last year. They were so bad.

I think we can get to 5. Illinois, Rutgers, and Maryland are games we have no business losing. Then Purdue and MSU are should wins. Even if we drop one of those 5, we still have a decent shot of finally stealing one from the top 4 we play.

Part of me hopes we get a 10th game and add Minnesota or Iowa and we still win 6 games. That would really make a statement.

We lost almost nothing from last year. We're one of the top teams in the country as far as returning production, and that even takes into account losing Ramsey's production. I'm almost giddy thinking about how good we could be.

whoops didn't look at schedule. They should definitely add a game to make it an even 10 like the other power 5 leagues are doing.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

10 conference games and they bumped the start of the SEC season to Sept 26th. I would not bet a lot of money on even that happening. A neighbors kid goes to Alabama,  went down there Friday to move into his apartment and has already been hitting the parties hard. No way “back to school” parties, etc.doesn’t lead to players testing positive. Keeping my fingers crossed but have my doubts.

18 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

10 conference games and they bumped the start of the SEC season to Sept 26th. I would not bet a lot of money on even that happening. A neighbors kid goes to Alabama,  went down there Friday to move into his apartment and has already been hitting the parties hard. No way “back to school” parties, etc.doesn’t lead to players testing positive. Keeping my fingers crossed but have my doubts.

I feel the same way. Look how many teams have had numerous positive tests. Now multiply the students on campus x100 or more, and I don't see things going well

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

UCONN announced today that they will not be playing football this year. First FBS school to pull the plug.

Hope I’m wrong but would not be surprised if this is the first IU football season without a loss :( 

The last few years UCONN football has been pathetic so this might be a blessing in disguise 

22 hours ago, IU878176 said:

UCONN announced today that they will not be playing football this year. First FBS school to pull the plug.

Hope I’m wrong but would not be surprised if this is the first IU football season without a loss :( 

Disastrous financial situation in their state and in program. Edsall can say what he wants in public but my guess is plenty behind the scenes aren't minding this.

Former offensive coach under Dinardo at IU, in hot water.  After just one year as HC at Colorado State.  Football at CSU has been suspended, and not strictly  due to the pandemic.

Coach Steve Addazio and Colorado State Football Staff Face Allegations of Racism and Verbal Abuse in Addition to Mishandling COVID-19 - BC Interruption

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just don't see it happening gang. Big Ten is meeting today but after MAC announced it's postponing I see other conferences following. May not announce right away but I'm leaning our season won't happen. Figures.

Agree with you unfortunately. Will be interesting to see what happens with redshirts/players leaving early for NFL etc. 

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agree with you unfortunately. Will be interesting to see what happens with redshirts/players leaving early for NFL etc. 

My opinion. First rounders gone. 2nd and 3rd rounders will leave too. Bigger picture why would a guy like Trevor Lawrence play later or in spring? He's got $50M minimally on the line this spring. 

Read a quote that Steve A at CSU told a graduate assistant "I dont give a f*** about your feelings."

No idea on the rest of the stuff thats happened there, no info on it... but if that's one of the reasons we open an investigation into a program, good grief. 

Our society is so soft. 

Should he say that consistently, no... but Jesus.

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Read a quote that Steve A at CSU told a graduate assistant "I dont give a f*** about your feelings."

No idea on the rest of the stuff thats happened there, no info on it... but if that's one of the reasons we open an investigation into a program, good grief. 

Our society is so soft. 

Let me clear that up a bit..  as a D1 football coach working with a grad assistant I have zero problem with thise words. 

Obviously me talking to 14 year old FR in HS is way different. 

37 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Our society is so soft. 

Yes. The CSU AD has shut down the FB program.  And has started an investigation.  There is much more to the story than talking to an assistant. Players are up in arms.   No CSU FB until the investigation is over. And no idea how long that will take.

Archived