National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29786697/ten-ucf-players-opting-season-coronavirus-concerns

A lot of UCF players opting out.  Why are so many players opting out if everything is so safe.  We are seeing a lot of kids from conferences that are playing opting out.  In a regular season we don't see kids opting out and everyone is saying it is completely safe to play.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29786697/ten-ucf-players-opting-season-coronavirus-concerns

A lot of UCF players opting out.  Why are so many players opting out if everything is so safe.  We are seeing a lot of kids from conferences that are playing opting out.  In a regular season we don't see kids opting out and everyone is saying it is completely safe to play.

Are they opting out of class too? Are they opting out of parties? Bars? Life? 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Are they opting out of class too? Are they opting out of parties? Bars? Life? 

Just wondering why they are opting out when these conferences are playing a regular schedule.  I understand if you were playing in the spring but not if you are starting in September.

. High school is playing ! Let’s have college games on TV tape delayed. In sparsely filled stadiums. I may hear the out come before the tape plays ,but I would still watch it and other games of interest ! 
if we’re still dealing with this thing when Basketball comes around again don’t fill the gym. Tape the games show them later. 
let the players on the side line spread out further then the 20 To 20 yard lines if you need to . Just seems to me this could happen with a little effort from the higher ups! 

57 minutes ago, Bob said:

. High school is playing ! Let’s have college games on TV tape delayed. In sparsely filled stadiums. I may hear the out come before the tape plays ,but I would still watch it and other games of interest ! 
if we’re still dealing with this thing when Basketball comes around again don’t fill the gym. Tape the games show them later. 
let the players on the side line spread out further then the 20 To 20 yard lines if you need to . Just seems to me this could happen with a little effort from the higher ups! 

I'm confused.  What does having games on tape delay accomplish? 

Go Hoosiers!!!

42 minutes ago, Bob said:

So the people who couldn’t attend the game could watch the game being played later! 

But what's wrong with showing them live?  Games are played at the same time on different networks all the time and they are live.  And most BTN games are rerun.

Tape delayed I don't understand.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

15 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

But what's wrong with showing them live?  Games are played at the same time on different networks all the time and they are live.  And most BTN games are rerun.

Tape delayed I don't understand.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Your right ! Nothing, is wrong with live games. Just saying I feel they could have Figured this out an played! 

There are 14 schools in the SEC. Assuming that all 14 use their full allotment of 85 scholarship athletes, and in the SEC I think that’s a fair assumption, that’s 1190 scholarship athletes.

The 14 schools each have 22 starters, so in total, that’s 308 starters.

One kid who decides to opt out isn’t even a drop in the bucket 

Archived