National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

Can't believe how bad the QB play is at Georgia.  With a minute left in the game they have 108 yards passing between 2 players.  Florida's QB has 458 yards passing

Their starting qb is like 5’11 and throws 3/4 side arm. Yeah they could do better. That happens sometimes when you have like a 4 year starter nobody wants to come in and sit behind them and develop. How you have the 2nd best recruiting class in college football but the worst qb room?? Terrible.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Their starting qb is like 5’11 and throws 3/4 side arm. Yeah they could do better. That happens sometimes when you have like a 4 year starter nobody wants to come in and sit behind them and develop. How you have the 2nd best recruiting class in college football but the worst qb room?? Terrible.

They have a transfer from USC who started as a freshman two years sgo

53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well he was injured last year and another freshman took over and did well so he transferred

And he couldn’t beat out these two guys? They’ve been horrible last couple games. Not trying to say he can’t play because we’ve all seen guys get a shot and run with it but man has to be discouraging for Dawg fans.

Does anyone else feel like me that ND was very lucky to win this game?  Let's face it, Clemson was without their #1 QB, who is maybe the best in the land, and their new guy, playing only his second game, passed for about 430 yards against ND.  Then they got a gift touchdown early when Etienne just gave up the ball.  Finally, and probably most importantly, Clemson was missing about 5 starters from its defense, many due to Covid restrictions.  Several of those were in the secondary, where ND did the most damage.  And to make matters worse, they had several defensive players cramp up late in the game.  

I'm not saying that ND is not a good team.  They are.  But there is no way they beat a complete, healthy, Clemson team.  I hope they play again.

That all being said, why is Alabama #1 now instead of Notre Dame?

1 hour ago, IUguy said:

Does anyone else feel like me that ND was very lucky to win this game?  Let's face it, Clemson was without their #1 QB, who is maybe the best in the land, and their new guy, playing only his second game, passed for about 430 yards against ND.  Then they got a gift touchdown early when Etienne just gave up the ball.  Finally, and probably most importantly, Clemson was missing about 5 starters from its defense, many due to Covid restrictions.  Several of those were in the secondary, where ND did the most damage.  And to make matters worse, they had several defensive players cramp up late in the game.  

I'm not saying that ND is not a good team.  They are.  But there is no way they beat a complete, healthy, Clemson team.  I hope they play again.

That all being said, why is Alabama #1 now instead of Notre Dame?

I know there are plenty of Domer fans on here so I'll be respectful. With that said. If TL plays Clemson wins by 21....but they didn't and that's the beauty of college football some years. I think mine and probably others is that it benefitted Mr. 9 win Brian. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know there are plenty of Domer fans on here so I'll be respectful. With that said. If TL plays Clemson wins by 21....but they didn't and that's the beauty of college football some years. I think mine and probably others is that it benefitted Mr. 9 win Brian. 

I think when they have the rematch we can make a friendly wager with that 21 pt spread. ND left 11 points out there with their own mistakes.  Should never have even gone to OT.

Archived