National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

My UT game that I had bought tickets for just got postponed. Unreal. 

Sorry man. Those are tough. SEC has an issue right now. We'll see how this plays out. With Bama/LSU cancelled I'm curious what CBS and SEC does for Saturday night? Move a game or beg 2 NFL teams to play on Saturday night instead? 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, rico said:

I live pretty close to South Bend.  In amongst the diehard Irish fans, they never say a bad thing about IU.  Now Purdue, is a different story.

I live within an hour of South Bend and worked for a major bank in the S Bend/ Mishawaka/ Elkhart markets.

Not a more arrogant fan base in my life. 

I grew up in a Catholic home and went to Catholic school through grade 12. Glad my parents could not afford the tuition. Glad I did not end up as an ND student. 

Experienced enough success in my career without an ND degree. Wouldn’t trade what IU provided for any so-called ND prestige.

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I live within an hour of South Bend and worked for a major bank in the S Bend/ Mishawaka/ Elkhart markets.

Not a more arrogant fan base in my life. 

I grew up in a Catholic home and went to Catholic school through grade 12. Glad my parents could not afford the tuition. Glad I did not end up as an ND student. 

Experienced enough success in my career without an ND degree. Wouldn’t trade what IU provided for any so-called ND prestige.

A lot of people use that "arrogance" against us when it comes to IU hoops.

2 hours ago, rico said:

A lot of people use that "arrogance" against us when it comes to IU hoops.

Not even close to the same

IU has neve claimed to be bigger than the rest, and that it would be a disgrace to join a conference....amended for this year, but I know they won't stay in the ACC

IU has never felt so self-important as to have their own network in their collective pockets to exclusively air football games....again, amended for this season

A better comparison might be Texas

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not even close to the same

IU has neve claimed to be bigger than the rest, and that it would be a disgrace to join a conference....amended for this year, but I know they won't stay in the ACC

IU has never felt so self-important as to have their own network in their collective pockets to exclusively air football games....again, amended for this season

A better comparison might be Texas

EZ now, NBC is the one that drinks the kool-aid....

Archived