National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2020 at 2:30 PM, Billingsley99 said:

@Seeking6 we need to discuss our friendly wager on ND/CLEMSON 

On 12/15/2020 at 6:17 PM, Seeking6 said:

I'm good with my original terms. Clemson by 21....although I wish I said 14 at the time but I just feel Clemson is going to flex a tad. The same way Bama might flex on ND in CFP. 

Were you getting 21 points for the game, or for the 1st half?

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

If Iowa State gets a New Year's 6 Bowl and IU doesn't, I may never watch college football again.

It happens. I remember when Miami beat FSU in 2000 yet FSU had a better BCS record that cost the Canes another title. It's tough to stomach but doesn't nor won't take away a special season. If we don't get Fiesta...assuming Citrus or Outback? At least that way some of us could watch in person!

Just now, Seeking6 said:

It happens. I remember when Miami beat FSU in 2000 yet FSU had a better BCS record that cost the Canes another title. It's tough to stomach but doesn't nor won't take away a special season. If we don't get Fiesta...assuming Citrus or Outback? At least that way some of us could watch in person!

When one of those 3 losses is by 17 points to Louisiana Lafayette, it can't be justified.  

33 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Were you getting 21 points for the game, or for the 1st half?

Haha. It's all fun. Long way to go for the bet but not for the game. Big difference between top 2-3 elite and some of the other teams that maneuver their way in. Bigger question is Texas A&M get in over ND? If ND doesn't show up the rest of this game it will get close. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

This has to beg the question whether Notre Dame belongs in the playoff.  Sure, they beat Clemson earlier in the season, but that was without Trevor Lawrence.

Honestly. No.

If I have a hard time with Ohio St.....ND isn't there either. Texas A&M beat Florida. Guess it depends on what weight is worth more. A&M win over Florida if UF plays Bama close....or a double OT win at home vs a Clemson team that was down best player in country for ND.

If Clemson puts on a couple more here Jimbo is playing his way in. 

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also heard they might move the playoffs from the Rose Bowl because of not allowing anyone into the game.  If this would happen would they go back to having the Big Ten  vs Pac 12 in the Rose bowl.

What would that mean for IU?  Would NW get the bid to the Rose Bowl then because they made it to the championship game?  (assuming OSU stays in the top 4)  Or could that open the door for us? 

Archived