National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Listening to Scott Drew on DD did not realize his team was #4 offense and #1 defense. 5 Big 12 teams in top 10 in defense. Pretty impressive.  I guess you can be great at both 

That's how you win a championship for sure.  If he can do it at Baylor, you would think he could do it here.  Here's the thing though.  He is unrestricted.  Texas produces athletes and he's not having difficulty bringing guys in.  It really looks like he's got the ball rolling nicely down there.  

Ps, did I mention I could care less about the rumor of him threatening Hanner Perea.  

Edit @Billingsley99 we are in the football thread lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

That's how you win a championship for sure.  If he can do it at Baylor, you would think he could do it here.  Here's the thing though.  He is unrestricted.  Texas produces athletes and he's not having difficulty bringing guys in.  It really looks like he's got the ball rolling nicely down there.  

Ps, did I mention I could care less about the rumor of him threatening Hanner Perea.  

Edit @Billingsley99 we are in the football thread lol

Lost my focus I guess

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I wish that I was on Rocky Top,

Down in the Tennessee hills,

Need a Mickey D's sack from Rocky Top,

So I can pay all of my bills. 

It would be seriously funny if some McDonalds in one of the rival SEC communities ran a promo where a random customer got a bag of cash instead of a quarter pounder each day for a week.  

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It would be seriously funny if some McDonalds in one of the rival SEC communities ran a promo where a random customer got a bag of cash instead of a quarter pounder each day for a week.  

It'd be doubly funny if it was Lexington and they called it the Bruce Pearl burger. 

26 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Wow......

When it comes to 2020-21, even Nostradamus is saying "I have no $&#*$* idea what's going to happen."

Kind of what I thought about Kiffin to UT.  Did he find religion or something that wants to make him right a wrong?

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

There is a whole thread about CTA on the Tennessee Board if anyone is interested 

I bit. For anyone interested someone started it saying Allen should be a top priority. Most agreed he was a good coach but weren’t sold on him at UT. The biggest objections were: not wanting a defensive coach, his buyout being too high, him not having enough consistency, and not being high profile enough. 

27 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I bit. For anyone interested someone started it saying Allen should be a top priority. Most agreed he was a good coach but weren’t sold on him at UT. The biggest objections were: not wanting a defensive coach, his buyout being too high, him not having enough consistency, and not being high profile enough. 

A lot of them were saying going after Kiffin is a lot better due to his $5 million buyout compared Allen’s $22-25 million buyout 

Archived