National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike DeBord was hired as the OC at Kansas. Coming off an 0-9 season and you hire DeBord. Good times in Kansas.

Also, I didn't realize how pathetic Kansas has been. They haven't won more than 3 games in a season since 2009. They only have 21 wins since then.  Yikes. Maybe DeBord will actually be an asset there (sarcasm, he won't be).

16 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Mike DeBord was hired as the OC at Kansas. Coming off an 0-9 season and you hire DeBord. Good times in Kansas.

Also, I didn't realize how pathetic Kansas has been. They haven't won more than 3 games in a season since 2009. They only have 21 wins since then.  Yikes. Maybe DeBord will actually be an asset there (sarcasm, he won't be).

Covid really hurt the Jayhawks this year in the win column.  Missed a couple of games against D-III teams.  I imagine DeBord will keep KU on course.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Saban on total cruise control. 13 top 100 prospects for this cycle. I'm just guessing here but there has to be dozens of P5 schools who have never signed 1 top 100 prospect let alone 13 in one class.

Their recruiting budget is probably about $50 worth of paper, stamps, and envelopes.  "You're officially being offered by the winner of 6 of the last 12 national championships."

Then when they don't commit from that, the boosters come in with the blank checks.  Or maybe the checks are in the envelope.  Not sure on the order haha.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, rico said:

I like it.  It is like a breath of fresh air in Knoxville.

FWIW , I managed to turn up one familiar name who might be inclined to agree with you in thinking it might be a good move by UT. Older article but a snapshot of the respect he'd already earned as a coordinator. 

https://www.newson6.com/story/5e365dd92f69d76f62071c32/kevin-wilson-tells-toby-rowland-that-heupel-is-calling-the-shots-in-fiesta-bowl

Archived