National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, IU Scott said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29946238/notre-dame-wake-forest-football-game-postponed-seven-more-positive-tests

ND vs Wake Forest game has been postponed due to numeroeus ND players  being in quarantine.

I saw some story that the ACC might do some shuffling in their schedule because of this.

In regard to ND vs Wake, and other games, being cancelled....

Others have basically said the same thing but, while I am glad the BT is planning on playing football, what the hell were they thinking by starting on the 24th and not leaving a single open weekend for possible cancellations??? I firmly believed they would start on the 17th which would have made much, much more sense.

13 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Others have basically said the same thing but, while I am glad the BT is planning on playing football, what the hell were they thinking by starting on the 24th and not leaving a single open weekend for possible cancellations??? I firmly believed they would start on the 17th which would have made much, much more sense.

10th would have made more sense. They easily could have been ready by that date. I will say, I wouldn't know the first thing about scheduling refs, chain gangs, TV contracts and all that.. so who knows 

13 hours ago, IU878176 said:

This is why the ACC plan looks well thought out. Expected things like this to happen and have room to maneuver. Big 10 plan allows zero wiggle room.

Which for the conspiracy theory folks I have to ask the question why devise a plan that allows zero ability to overcome players testing positive (which they will) at all? Seems destined for suspended play. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This is why the ACC plan looks well thought out. Expected things like this to happen and have room to maneuver. Big 10 plan allows zero wiggle room.

Which for the conspiracy theory folks I have to ask the question why devise a plan that allows zero ability to overcome players testing positive (which they will) at all? Seems destined for suspended play. 

Stop testing so much.  Easy fix. Sigh

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hopefully I never watch a game with Mark Jones calling it again.  What a bum. 

Idiot just trying to make a name for himself.  I had to Google him to see who he even was.

I saw a statistic that there were roughly 350 million police responding 911 calls in 2019.  Draw your own conclusions about his likelihood of getting shot.  Should be forced to apologize regardless of if he believes it or not.  

56 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Idiot just trying to make a name for himself.  I had to Google him to see who he even was.

I saw a statistic that there were roughly 350 million police responding 911 calls in 2019.  Draw your own conclusions about his likelihood of getting shot.  Should be forced to apologize regardless of if he believes it or not.  

100%. I had to google him, as well. What sucks is... I enjoyed him as a commentator. 

Today is a perfect example of why preseason and early season rankings are meaningless. Seeing both OU and LSU lose at home to unranked teams being cases in point.

Having a number before the team name is all for the fan bases at this time. Teams get ranked on reputation and potential, which for as far back as I can remember never won a game for any team 

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Can't believe how far Florida St. has fallen the last few years and right now they are down 35-3 to Miami.  there is still a little less than 4 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.

Their rivalry with Miami in terms of streaks is much like our rivalry with Purdue in hoops. One team seems to rattle off years of wins and it switches.Teams haven't been elite at same time for 20 years.

Canes win 4th in a row. Amazing what happens when you have a competent QB and OC who is willing to go vertical. 

Archived