National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just hit me. Trevor Lawrence could win 2 national championships, be first pick in draft, countless records,etc....but never win a Heisman. You miss two games like this he almost has to be out of the running I would think.

TBH, that might be a blessing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, btownqb said:

You guys see AZ ST and USC start at noon EST this weekend? Lol 

9am local kick. Those kids are probably waking up at 430am that day. Crazy.  Maybe 4am. 

Yep. Massive fail on the part of Pac12 leadership...as usual. I understand wanting to market their product 9am local time for a game? Pregame meal is at what 5am? Haha.

If I were in charge of Pac 12 I'd go Friday nights to the country. You can still do Saturday games but Friday nights brought to you by Apple or Google or whatever West Coast company you want to choose. Maybe start in early to mid October as some high school football seasons are ending and the East/Midwest start turning to colder temps and getting dark early. Watching football and seeing sun, mountains, palm trees on our tvs while cold outside is inviting.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:05 AM, Seeking6 said:

Just hit me. Trevor Lawrence could win 2 national championships, be first pick in draft, countless records,etc....but never win a Heisman. You miss two games like this he almost has to be out of the running I would think.

If the Jets get the first pick I’d almost lay money he goes back to school. At the minimum forces a trade.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Just saw the BYU/Boise St. score...wow.

To me that was the only game left on their schedule that would be close and of course it wasn't. 10-0 is almost certain. Probably won't be enough to get to CFP but they will certainly be part of the conversation. Plenty depends on today's action. IF ND wins will the voters give Clemson an out because of no TL. Winner of Florida/Georgia game....and people still need to remember Cincinnati is a very, very good team too.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

To me that was the only game left on their schedule that would be close and of course it wasn't. 10-0 is almost certain. Probably won't be enough to get to CFP but they will certainly be part of the conversation. Plenty depends on today's action. IF ND wins will the voters give Clemson an out because of no TL. Winner of Florida/Georgia game....and people still need to remember Cincinnati is a very, very good team too.

I think this year will be a year where people will push the expanded playoff scenario a lot.. you will have some undefeated non-power 5 schools and probably have several power 5 champions with a loss. 

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think this year will be a year where people will push the expanded playoff scenario a lot.. you will have some undefeated non-power 5 schools and probably have several power 5 champions with a loss. 

The scenario the CFP doesn't want to see, but the public does.

Archived