Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Well, what was the racial part of it?  Do we know?

Of the CSU thing? 

It was allegedly pay discrepancy? That seems like it should be easy to find. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonderful post

only if we could get them to take Rutgers and Maryland with them.

As they should. Looks like B1G plan was to pray Covid went away...they’ve known it would be here all along. Lots of options they could have done...horrible to not have planned better. Also given what

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Big Ten President's meeting tonight. Just don't see it happening fans. Nothing else to say besides just waiting for the announcement. 

 I think it's inevitable [the season will not be played in the fall]," a veteran Power Five athletic director told Dodd on Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The people who are totally losing it about them cancelling the season is it for selfish purposes. Are you guys just upset that you won't be able to watch football and be entertained.  I was like that at first when they canceled the NCAA tournament but realize all I was thinking about was me losing the chance to watch my favorite sporting event.  I thought all of this was being over blown and not as bad as they say. After having the virus and the months it took me to start feeling back to normal I can see how bad this can be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The people who are totally losing it about them cancelling the season is it for selfish purposes. Are you guys just upset that you won't be able to watch football and be entertained.  I was like that at first when they canceled the NCAA tournament but realize all I was thinking about was me losing the chance to watch my favorite sporting event.  I thought all of this was being over blown and not as bad as they say. After having the virus and the months it took me to start feeling back to normal I can see how bad this can be.

I feel like it's pretty easy to see why I don't want the season canceled. And it has absolutely ZERO to do with me. My football playing days are done. 

You understand the fact you went through that doesn't change hardly anything for a 16 year old at my HS correct? Now I'm soo sooooo happy you made it through that and please understand I'm being sincere. 

I havent told anyone this because I'm just now semi healthy..  I spent the night in the hospital with a bacterial infection in my stomach. Threw up 80 times last week, had 5 IVs, lost 25lbs and missed 4.5days of work, and 5 football practices. 

We can get sick/hurt/whatever in ANYTHING we do. Anything. I'm a healthy 30 year old and that brought me to my knees last week. 

We understand the risk, its worth it. Covid will not spread anymore by playing football then if the kids weren't playing. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DireBump said:

If colleges aren’t playing football, do you guys think this will lead to high school sports being canceled as well? 

Delaware high school athletic association has cancelled all fall sports.  So. Yes. 

Edited by Naturalhoosier
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I feel like it's pretty easy to see why I don't want the season canceled. And it has absolutely ZERO to do with me. My football playing days are done. 

You understand the fact you went through that doesn't change hardly anything for a 16 year old at my HS correct? Now I'm soo sooooo happy you made it through that and please understand I'm being sincere. 

I havent told anyone this because I'm just now semi healthy..  I spent the night in the hospital with a bacterial infection in my stomach. Threw up 80 times last week, had 5 IVs, lost 25lbs and missed 4.5days of work, and 5 football practices. 

We can get sick/hurt/whatever in ANYTHING we do. Anything. I'm a healthy 30 year old and that brought me to my knees last week. 

We understand the risk, its worth it. Covid will not spread anymore by playing football then if the kids weren't playing. 

Plus the kids are 18-22 basically there are a lot of other higher risk things for them to be harmed by out there than Covid. For instance car crashes, drugs, suicide. Let the kids play if they wanna opt out fine still honor there scholarship but give them the choice. 

Edited by 5 championships
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I’m not sure why we are playing AAU games then if it’s so awful. 99.4 percent survival rate and we are shutting down the country. The survival rate is even higher for everyone 25 and under. Has anything gone wrong with high school kids playing AAU right now? Don’t think so. Political agenda by one party to keep everything shut down. Can’t wait till November 3rd. I’m guessing a lot of it will go away after that. 

Edited by 5 championships
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

Plus the kids are 18-22 basically there are a lot of other higher risk things for them to be harmed by out there than Covid. For instance car crashes, drugs, suicide. Let the kids play if they wanna opt out fine still honor there scholarship but give them the choice. 

I can promise you..  the players I coach and the students I teach... covid isn't a top 5 worry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I feel like it's pretty easy to see why I don't want the season canceled. And it has absolutely ZERO to do with me. My football playing days are done. 

You understand the fact you went through that doesn't change hardly anything for a 16 year old at my HS correct? Now I'm soo sooooo happy you made it through that and please understand I'm being sincere. 

I havent told anyone this because I'm just now semi healthy..  I spent the night in the hospital with a bacterial infection in my stomach. Threw up 80 times last week, had 5 IVs, lost 25lbs and missed 4.5days of work, and 5 football practices. 

We can get sick/hurt/whatever in ANYTHING we do. Anything. I'm a healthy 30 year old and that brought me to my knees last week. 

We understand the risk, its worth it. Covid will not spread anymore by playing football then if the kids weren't playing. 

I hope I didn't come off judgemental and can't see where you are coming from.  I am glad you are feeling better and hope you don't have to go through it again.  I have seen lately that younger people have died from the virus but I agree most of the deaths are elderly.  I know there was a healthy 9 year old Florida girl who died from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Also I’m not sure why we are playing AAU games then if it’s so awful. 99.4 percent survival rate and we are shutting down the country. The survival rate is even higher for everyone 25 and under. Has anything gone wrong with high school kids playing AAU right now? Don’t think so. Political agenda by one party to keep everything shut down. Can’t wait till November 3rd. I’m guessing a lot of it will go away after that. 

The AAU games gas been pretty much all local without cross country traveling.  Al the huge national summer ball had all been cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope I didn't come off judgemental and can't see where you are coming from.  I am glad you are feeling better and hope you don't have to go through it again.  I have seen lately that younger people have died from the virus but I agree most of the deaths are elderly.  I know there was a healthy 9 year old Florida girl who died from it.

There was a 9 year old that died one time from a line drive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are seeing whats going on with MLB with the travel. Of the 19 positive Marlins 0 got sick. I hope they understand that when making the call. If they play in the spring i hope they bring back the smaller schools who really need the money and they play the original schedule.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can blame anyone you want but if the people would have done what they were ask to do at first we might not still be in this situation.  You really think college football would be cancelled if there was not a huge risk.  They would try to play at about any cost because they will lose so much money. The schools make up the NCAA and these schools are going to take a huge hit to their budgets.  They are not just cancelling the season if they didn't feel it was necessary.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Feel bad for the players. Hold everything down until election is over. Political agenda. 

That is....laughable.

160,00 dead but it’s a ploy until the election is over.

OK....LOL

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • rico changed the title to National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...