National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

7 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Well.  Bama is just superior.  OSU totally rocked Clemson.  Bama has totally rocked OSU.  Does trolly ND deserve a little credit?  

No, Bama literally took their foot off the gas against ND.  I think Saban respects ND and never felt threatened.  Coaching at MSU, I'm sure Nick had no problems stepping on the buckeyes throats

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess in a very small way I am going to throw Ohio St. a bone.....but ONLY for the sake of the BIGTEN & IU. I just had one of those what if moments.

It's obvious the Tide is a superior team, with superior talent, as always.  Alabama's season ended, playing 13 games and a N. C. and the Bucks finished with 8 and (not even close- runner ups). That is a 5 game difference OR advantage, however you want to take it. Had the BIGTEN started the season like the SEC, would it meant more games, or more cancelations? We will never know. Hind site is always 20/20, but the BIGTEN brass bungled the handling of our football season. Before the National Championship game, Alabama benefited from playing 12 games and Ohio St. just won their 7th game. In conclusion, any team playing 5 more games than their opponent should have an advantage. If not talent, but experience. 

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I guess in a very small way I am going to throw Ohio St. a bone.....but ONLY for the sake of the BIGTEN & IU. I just had one of those what if moments.

It's obvious the Tide is a superior team, with superior talent, as always.  Alabama's season ended, playing 13 games and a N. C. and the Bucks finished with 8 and (not even close- runner ups). That is a 5 game difference OR advantage, however you want to take it. Had the BIGTEN started the season like the SEC, would it meant more games, or more cancelations? We will never know. Hind site is always 20/20, but the BIGTEN brass bungled the handling of our football season. Before the National Championship game, Alabama benefited from playing 12 games and Ohio St. just won their 7th game. In conclusion, any team playing 5 more games than their opponent should have an advantage. If not talent, but experience. 

I say that made a very small difference.  Sarkisian and Smith wore that pour OSU defense out.  Without the help of Sermon to gobble up yards and extend drives, keeping Bama O off the field, it was over.  This is the same OSU defense that gave the supposed best quarterback prospect since Peyton Manning one of his worst performances, just one week ago.  That and Fields playing through pain.  It would have taken perfect circumstances and perfect performance to beat that Bama team.  

Looks like Tennessee found the goods they needed. Jeremy Pruitt to be relieved of his duties today. No doubt the search committee can handle it better this time around. Doesn't carry the same weight as 20+ years ago but still a very attractive job. Can't wait to see who they get this time around. 

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Looks like Tennessee found the goods they needed. Jeremy Pruitt to be relieved of his duties today. No doubt the search committee can handle it better this time around. Doesn't carry the same weight as 20+ years ago but still a very attractive job. Can't wait to see who they get this time around. 

Just saw the news, about time they fired him

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Go steal their recruits. 

I would imagine this year's LOI's aren't worth the paper they're printed on once a coach leaves?  With the NCAA allowing one time transfers for kids already on campus, and the NCAA usually allowing kids out of commitments when a coach leaves, I would guess it is open season on Tennessee recruits.  Same with other schools who lost coaches.  I wouldn't have any issue with trying to poach a few guys who are already committed.

35 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I would imagine this year's LOI's aren't worth the paper they're printed on once a coach leaves?  With the NCAA allowing one time transfers for kids already on campus, and the NCAA usually allowing kids out of commitments when a coach leaves, I would guess it is open season on Tennessee recruits.  Same with other schools who lost coaches.  I wouldn't have any issue with trying to poach a few guys who are already committed.

My grandmother was one of the more ruthless people I ever met... she would always say " you don't think they'd do it to you, if they could?"... piss on the morals. If its within the rules, do it. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

CTA’s name will come about, but probably won’t go anywhere due Allen’s buyout, and then a new contract too

I think as someone said on twitter today that made the most sense. Normally Allen's name would be in conversation for a job like this but I think word is spreading how happy he is in Bloomington. Not saying there won't be opportunities down the road if we continue our trajectory... but I genuinely believe Coach Allen is here for several years. 

Of course all of that takes $ and the biggest way to do our part is ticket sales. Hopefully each and every game next year is sold out. No questions asked. 

When I first started attending IU football games in late 80's it was always sold out. No reason we can't do that again. 

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Ofc, their fans are wanting Hugh Freeze

2 things that stood out to me at presser. At least the part I saw. Fulmer saying recruiting is good....at a press conference for firing their head coach for recruiting violations was pretty funny. Secondly...Freeze and his baggage won't be on Rocky Top anytime. 

As Btown said Fickell....or Chadwell is the hot name. What they need to do down there is shake up the way things have been. 

Schools like Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, UCLA, Nebraska, Florida St.....should never have the seasons they had ever....let alone collectively. Of course we know what that feels like on the hoops side of things.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think as someone said on twitter today that made the most sense. Normally Allen's name would be in conversation for a job like this but I think word is spreading how happy he is in Bloomington. Not saying there won't be opportunities down the road if we continue our trajectory... but I genuinely believe Coach Allen is here for several years. 

Of course all of that takes $ and the biggest way to do our part is ticket sales. Hopefully each and every game next year is sold out. No questions asked. 

When I first started attending IU football games in late 80's it was always sold out. No reason we can't do that again. 

I think another reason for CTA not going to UT(hypothetically) is because the NCAA is about slam the hammer on UT

From what I have found so far: 

-Allegedly they filled McDonald’s bags full of cash on visits, had money men throwing cash in bags when recruits arrived 

-Pruitt’s Lawyer is claiming that Tennessee is making Pruitt look negative so they don’t have to pay the 20 million buyout on Pruitt. Said there was a lot of irregularities before he was fired, like the UT President didn’t see the evidence and that they fired him during the investigation. Which in Pruitt’s case, saying the firing was premature since there isn’t too much evidence saying Pruitt was directly involved. 

-Kevin Steele may be given a chance to be the HC for this upcoming season

-Expect a death hammer on Tennessee soon

Archived