National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

if they cancel the college season I am sure they will get that year of eligibility back so the players won't lose a thing.  The only problem is that having the seniors or juniors coming back with the freshman coming in so it will be hard to count for all of those scholarships.

For 0.1%? Thats it. Alright. 

I'll never agree with the info we have now. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me the NCAA and the schools has all the liabilities so they have the right to make these decisions.  Just like in pro sports where the athletes think they should get more of the pie but they don't put up anything to deserve that. The owners put up all the money to buy the teams so they get the last vote on things.  I think this situation is the same because the schools has every thing to lose if they make the wrong decision but the players doesn't.

The presidents/administrators/board of trustees of the universities are who are making these decisions. Their incentive, stated or not, is to save their jobs. I have heard statements from some of these folks that they are only concerned that no student dies "on their watch." Where will the liabilities end. Families suing if games are played and someone gets sick? Families suing if games are cancelled and players lose opportunities to show they are capable of playing professionally? Families suing because the level of supervision and medical care that their sons might have received at school is much higher than what they can access at home, and a kid gets sick away from school? These are not kids playing, they are young men and should be treated as such. Lay out the details of how they are going to be taken care of. Lay out the potential risks of them staying and playing. Let the young men make their own decisions, and live with the consequences. Yes, and one of the options for them is that at any time they feel uncomfortable about their surroundings, level of care provided, etc., they can opt out yet still maintain their scholarships.

Again, imo this is all CYA by the muckety-mucks who are making the decisions.

If they would postpone the season to the spring I will be wondering what we will see from these players.  They are out there right now saying we deserve to play and they want to play.  Will they be saying that in the spring when the decide to sit out the season so they can train for the draft.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

If they would postpone the season to the spring I will be wondering what we will see from these players.  They are out there right now saying we deserve to play and they want to play.  Will they be saying that in the spring when the decide to sit out the season so they can train for the draft.

You mean... train for their possible profession later in life? 

What an awful thing to do 

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You mean... train for their possible profession later in life? 

What an awful thing to do 

Weren't you the one on here getting on Rondale Moore for doing that same thing.  Just think it is hypocritical for them to cry about not getting a chance to play right now but if they play in the spring and they sit out.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Weren't you the one on here getting on Rondale Moore for doing that same thing.  Just think it is hypocritical for them to cry about not getting a chance to play right now but if they play in the spring and they sit out.

I said if I were his teammate I wouldn't support the decision. So...

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Now it's the players fault.  Wtf man. Its literally not hypocritical at all.. the draft is in May. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How do you even compare the two? 

You honestly don't believe a spring vs fall season shouldn't change these kids opinion? Just no... how can you not see the difference in the two in regards to their career? 

How do you feel about a player sitting out a bowl game so he won't get hurt for the draft?

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

what awful kids for wanting to play their season during the time its suppose to be played

Never said they were awful for wanting that but can't have it both ways.  Right now they and their parents wants them to play because it will help their draft status.  If they have to play in spring wouldn't it help them to play as well but a lot of them would skip the season to train for the draft.  To me if you are a good teammate you would want to play even if the season is in the spring but to me they are just worried about themselves.  

Look it is just my viewpoint and you don't have to agree with it and it is not like I am trying to change your viewpoint.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Never said they were awful for wanting that but can't have it both ways.  Right now they and their parents wants them to play because it will help their draft status.  If they have to play in spring wouldn't it help them to play as well but a lot of them would skip the season to train for the draft.  To me if you are a good teammate you would want to play even if the season is in the spring but to me they are just worried about themselves.  

Look it is just my viewpoint and you don't have to agree with it and it is not like I am trying to change your viewpoint.

What do you mean both ways? That doesn't make sense. 

So because they took their fall season they automatically have to play in the spring lol no. That doesn't add up at all. 

They are willing to play now because they accept the risk of Covid.. spring is irrelevant for this discussion. 

Just now, btownqb said:

What do you mean both ways? That doesn't make sense. 

So because they took their fall season they automatically have to play in the spring lol no. That doesn't add up at all. 

They are willing to play now because they accept the risk of Covid.. spring is irrelevant for this discussion. 

To me it does because it is all about them and nothing else.  They are getting upset at being told if they can play or not right now so why wouldn't they want to play in the spring.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it does because it is all about them and nothing else.  They are getting upset at being told if they can play or not right now so why wouldn't they want to play in the spring.

Its their CAREER

To just pretend there's no difference between a spring and fall season is absolutely asinine. 

Archived