OT Be Thankful

btownqb

I haven't been able to post much recently since we've moved to the new site.. I've just been incredibly busy. 

The reason I am posting is because I want everyone to remember how much I appreciate every one of you. I hope you all have a great end to your year. We never really know what's going on in other's lives, so maybe tomorrow or whenever greet someone with a smile or ask them how they're doing. Let someone know you appreciate their friendship. Anything at all, you never know if that might make a huge impact in someone's life. 

Sunday evening one of my best friends growing up took his own life. He was absolutely one of the best friends I could have ever asked for... his smile and humor could light up a room. His mom committed suicide as well 5 years ago.. and I assume that played a part in his decision, but I'll never know. I'll never know if there was something more I could have done to prevent it. I'm hurting right now, bad.. but maybe this post could effect someone, that could help someone else because we simply don't know the baggage each and every person we meet carries with them. We can all make a difference. 

Please keep my friend's family in your prayers.

Thank you for your friendship,

-Btownqb

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I haven't been able to post much recently since we've moved to the new site.. I've just been incredibly busy. 

The reason I am posting is because I want everyone to remember how much I appreciate every one of you. I hope you all have a great end to your year. We never really know what's going on in other's lives, so maybe tomorrow or whenever greet someone with a smile or ask them how they're doing. Let someone know you appreciate their friendship. Anything at all, you never know if that might make a huge impact in someone's life. 

Sunday evening one of my best friends growing up took his own life. He was absolutely one of the best friends I could have ever asked for... his smile and humor could light up a room. His mom committed suicide as well 5 years ago.. and I assume that played a part in his decision, but I'll never know. I'll never know if there was something more I could have done to prevent it. I'm hurting right now, bad.. but maybe this post could effect someone, that could help someone else because we simply don't know the baggage each and every person we meet carries with them. We can all make a difference. 

-Btownqb

Amen brother! I’m a delivery guy, so I see a lot of different people, I always smile and say hello! Smiles are contagious, you never know when someone is having a bad day and just a simple smile can help!

im sorry for your loss, suicide is an awful thing! I tried it a couple times and thankfully I screwed it up! Always tell your loved ones and friends you love them every chance you get! You never know when today will be the last day!

1 minute ago, Hoosrnight said:

Amen brother! I’m a delivery guy, so I see a lot of different people, I always smile and say hello! Smiles are contagious, you never know when someone is having a bad day and just a simple smile can help!

im sorry for your loss, suicide is an awful thing! I tried I a couple times and thankfully I screwed it up! Always tell your loved ones and friends you love them every chance you get! You never know when today will be the last day!

Thank you. I greatly appreciate it. 

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

-Btownqb

First of all, so sorry for your lost brother. Your friend was lucky to have a guy like you in his life. 

Second, thank you for sharing a message we all need to hear about how to treat people. 

Lastly, don't wuestion what more you could have done. It's very obvious the type of guy you are and you should take no blame in this tragedy. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more in private about it. I've seen mental illness greatly impact numerous people I love. 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

First of all, so sorry for your lost brother. Your friend was lucky to have a guy like you in his life. 

Second, thank you for sharing a message we all need to hear about how to treat people. 

Lastly, don't wuestion what more you could have done. It's very obvious the type of guy you are and you should take no blame in this tragedy. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more in private about it. I've seen mental illness greatly impact numerous people I love. 

Thank you. I needed to hear that. Hope all is well, my friend. 

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.  This thing called life is so fragile and many of us take it for granted.  A kind word a smile a simple act of random kindness just might be something that changes a person's life. Take the opportunity to be the light in someone's life that may not have any other positive thing going on.  We truly never know  when someone's balloon is overkill of negativity and about to burst. Don't let a simple unpleasantly be what cause it to burst.  Life is too short. 

Following the tragedy at Sandy hook where 26 people lost their life our family started a tradition where each of us do 26 acts of kindness each month in honor of every life  lost.it should not take a tragedy for us to live that way.  

You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

That's incredibly sad and unfortunately all too common around the holidays.  Thoughts and prayers sounds so cliche at a time like this, but nevertheless, you all are in my prayers tonight.  Life is precious...I hate to see it ended prematurely for whatever reason.

Btown, I’ve been wondering about why you haven’t posted as much lately.  You’ve been noticeably missed.  

I am very, very sorry to hear about your loss.   But, you definitely cannot blame yourself.  

Thank you for sharing, even though it is such a sad circumstance.  By sharing, you never know who you might be able to affect in a positive way.  

Best wishes, and you will always have your friends here.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

-Btownqb

Btown, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and under those circumstances, and for the pain that you are going through. 

I am truly uplifted, though, by your thoughts and the way you have reached out to everyone here with compassion and friendship, you are helping all of us think about the impact we can have in other's lives.

You must have been a truly great friend to the one you lost. That stands out loud and clear, please don't doubt yourself. 

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

That's incredibly sad and unfortunately all too common around the holidays.  Thoughts and prayers sounds so cliche at a time like this, but nevertheless, you all are in my prayers tonight.  Life is precious...I hate to see it ended prematurely for whatever reason.

As others have said, sorry for your loss. I have a family member that suffers with mental illness. I'm there for my brother when he needs me, my wife as well. I am self-employed and I service some nursing homes and the residents always appreciate a smile or kind words. We do make a difference....

Take Care

Condolences to you and your friend's family. Btown, you were a great friend who would of done anything to help out. Sometimes things happen for a reason even though it doesn't make any sense. Your friend is at peace now. I hope as time heals the wounds that we see you back posting. Your comments were missed. 

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

-Btownqb

Btown, I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t even begin to imagine what that must feel like. He was lucky to call you his friend. Although we’ve had our disagreements, I always respect your opinion and enjoy our conversations whether it be here or on any of the other sites. I’m praying for you and for his family in this time of grief. I appreciate you as well. 

Very sorry for your loss, BTown! I can't imagine what that's like. Stay strong, and as I'm sure you will, support your friend's family the best you can, while also taking care of yourself. 

I hope you get to post here more often again, as we've definitely missed you, and thanks for sending such a great message at a time when you're struggling! 

Btown

My wife's first husband took his life in his early 20's, leaving her behind with two toddlers age 4 and 2.

While I wasn't there in the immediate aftermath, I did marry her about 1 1/2 years later, and was involved in helping all of them heal.Even though this seems unimaginable now, and even if you never discover the reasons behind your friend's action,  know that your friend is at peace now. Whatever demons that were challenging him are gone, and there is nothing that you could have done to take them away from him while he was alive.

Keep your faith. There is a plan. God or whomever you believe in has a plan. Remember as much as you can about the good things your friend brought into this world. What he did is not who he was. 

You are in my prayers.

46 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Btown

My wife's first husband took his life in his early 20's, leaving her behind with two toddlers age 4 and 2.

While I wasn't there in the immediate aftermath, I did marry her about 1 1/2 years later, and was involved in helping all of them heal.Even though this seems unimaginable now, and even if you never discover the reasons behind your friend's action,  know that your friend is at peace now. Whatever demons that were challenging him are gone, and there is nothing that you could have done to take them away from him while he was alive.

Keep your faith. There is a plan. God or whomever you believe in has a plan. Remember as much as you can about the good things your friend brought into this world. What he did is not who he was. 

You are in my prayers.

Love your post.  And as with Btown, love your sharing your story with us. 

Btown,

I'm with you in prayers, about a year ago a former co-worker committed suicide and because he did contract work of a few months to a year he and his wife had no real friends anywhere. I spent the afternoon at the hospital with his wife as the only person who cared enough to sit with her. Was one of the hardest things I've ever done, I feel for you brother. I completely understand the feelings of could I have done something but the reality is you need to take care of yourself and the others around you that are also suffering. Be strong and keep those smiles coming!

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Btown,

I'm with you in prayers, about a year ago a former co-worker committed suicide and because he did contract work of a few months to a year he and his wife had no real friends anywhere. I spent the afternoon at the hospital with his wife as the only person who cared enough to sit with her. Was one of the hardest things I've ever done, I feel for you brother. I completely understand the feelings of could I have done something but the reality is you need to take care of yourself and the others around you that are also suffering. Be strong and keep those smiles coming!

That is quite an extraordinary thing you did that day.  I know there are caring people out there, still to this day, like you.  Yet they seem to be less and less as the years go by.

I've ran out of likes for the day, so I can't "like" anymore of your comments. 

But you all have no idea how much I appreciate your messages. Truly uplifting and are something I will remember for a very long time. 

I will always remember the great times I had with my friend, they are memories that will last a life time. 

Thank you all again. 

Archived