Archie and IU may not be done with 2020 according to this article.

BDB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

It isn't clear how involved IU is here.  I talked to a Chicago area scout today that is very familiar with Lieb.  He said he is not ready for the Big Ten now, but MAYBE if he spends a year in a strength program he could get where he needs to be......but mid-major is the more likely path right now.

Thanks!  But certainly no harm in having a look see.  😊

Just now, jv1972iu said:

Thanks!  But certainly no harm in having a look see.  😊

I agree.  I also got stats from his coach today, said he shot 35% from three.  If you had Duncomb and Lieb both able to guard the post and shoot threes that would pretty ideal.  I think the question is whether Lieb will ever be able to develop that kind of physical strength to guard the post on defense and maneuver through traffic and contact on offense.

42 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I agree.  I also got stats from his coach today, said he shot 35% from three.  If you had Duncomb and Lieb both able to guard the post and shoot threes that would pretty ideal.  I think the question is whether Lieb will ever be able to develop that kind of physical strength to guard the post on defense and maneuver through traffic and contact on offense.

Maybe he should go to a mid major and if he develops in a couple of years then transfer to a bigger school.  When the transfer rule change where you don't have to sit out a year would be perfect for this kid.

43 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I agree.  That's one reason I brought up the comparison with Kaminsky.  At this stage (hs graduate), Lieb closely mirrors Kaminsky physically.  Both in the 6'10" + height range and 220 lbs. range.  And both have been/were rated by some as being 3* prospects at this point.  Kaminsky developed with time, so maybe Lieb can as well.   😁

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

Same question. What's being missed here. Highlights showed plenty of game. Also one of the longest highlight video's i've ever seen, so plenty to go on.

I think what people have to remember is that we aren’t having a summer AAU season for a 2021 kid this would normally be the summer big programs would get to see a kid a dig deep into his game and the offers would come this summer. Especially a big man that likely is a slow developer and to coordinate and fill into his frame. So with no summer games I’m sure a lot of slow to offer...then now add he might reclassify and suddenly the urgency and interest changes..especially for those whose rosters might have been shaken up with nba prospects being delayed and then transfers you will have rosters that need attention and so a kid that wasn’t on your radar to be an option is significantly moving their time frame up so that makes a difference. That’s my take at least.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe he should go to a mid major and if he develops in a couple of years then transfer to a bigger school.  When the transfer rule change where you don't have to sit out a year would be perfect for this kid.

Wait.....what???? Did someone hack into your profile and is posting this, claiming to be you? You—- the guy who, for as long as I can remember, has lamented that kids don’t stay committed to their program. Who advocates for the teams comprised of 4-5 year players. Who yearns for the good ol days when we could get to know the players as people because they stuck around.

Who is this person, posing as Scott, suggesting that this kid should use a school for a couple of years only to improve so he can move onto bigger and better things?

Biggest thing I worry about is signing a kid out of desperation that might not help the program...but then I remember that we’ve not even been using multiple scholarships the past couple years and we have guys already transferring who aren’t getting playing time and I think who cares. Even if someone is eating a scholarship it isn’t like we are likely to use them all and it’s just an empty seat on the bench taken away from a walk on. Maybe if this kid understands he is a couple years away from playing and understands the expectations and how it would work it could be good for both sides...and maybe after a redshirt and another year of not much contribution he could help by his sophomore year...play the long game and if it doesn’t work out...well maybe he transfers.

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Biggest thing I worry about is signing a kid out of desperation that might not help the program...but then I remember that we’ve not even been using multiple scholarships the past couple years and we have guys already transferring who aren’t getting playing time and I think who cares. Even if someone is eating a scholarship it isn’t like we are likely to use them all and it’s just an empty seat on the bench taken away from a walk on. Maybe if this kid understands he is a couple years away from playing and understands the expectations and how it would work it could be good for both sides...and maybe after a redshirt and another year of not much contribution he could help by his sophomore year...play the long game and if it doesn’t work out...well maybe he transfers.

Not going to compare him to Kirk Hastons but the first time I saw him play on TV I thought there were no way he would ever do anything at IU.  Back then the recruits would go play in different places in the state and they showed one of the games on TV and Kirk looked so bad.

29 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Wait.....what???? Did someone hack into your profile and is posting this, claiming to be you? You—- the guy who, for as long as I can remember, has lamented that kids don’t stay committed to their program. Who advocates for the teams comprised of 4-5 year players. Who yearns for the good ol days when we could get to know the players as people because they stuck around.

Who is this person, posing as Scott, suggesting that this could should use a school for a couple of years only to improve so he can move onto bigger and better things?

Didn't say I would like him doing this or agree with the method but it is going to happen more and more so I will have to get use to it.

Archived