Archie and IU may not be done with 2020 according to this article.

BDB

Hopefully this develops.  This young man may take a couple years to contribute, but he is long, has good coordination/body control, good hands, and has a decent touch.  I see a lot of potential there with some high level coaching and strength training. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/11/2020 at 4:10 PM, The Daily Hoosier said:

It isn't clear how involved IU is here.  I talked to a Chicago area scout today that is very familiar with Lieb.  He said he is not ready for the Big Ten now, but MAYBE if he spends a year in a strength program he could get where he needs to be......but mid-major is the more likely path right now.

If i'm 7 ft and have the skills this kid has now i'm jumping on a red shirt year to get stronger at a high major rather than playing 10 mins. a game at Eastern Mich. or where ever not getting any better. Take time to develop and cash big checks in 5 years. Thats what i would tell him.

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

If i'm 7 ft and have the skills this kid has now i'm jumping on a red shirt year to get stronger at a high major rather than playing 10 mins. a game at Eastern Mich. or where ever not getting any better. Take time to develop and cash big checks in 5 years. Thats what i would tell him.

Heck yes.  My gosh, Shawn Bradley ended up with a 12-year NBA career and he was a beanpole coming out of high school.

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

I can’t stand Wisconsin but they have developed a number of players like this. If you have a team with some room for depth and a good eye and program for developing talent it’s a good way to go. Another reason I’m usually not big on the bank the scholly approach 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Someone had to change light bulbs and dust ceiling fans

I'll do it for half of what Bradley made in his NBA career.

Bradley made nearly $70 million in the NBA.  Despite his 8.1 points-per-game average for his NBA career, Shawn Bradley made a pretty good living for himself. At the peak of his career, Bradley made $8,370,000 during the 2000-01 season when he was with the Dallas Mavericks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived